If you want to go on a vacation that is off the beaten track, you may want to consider European river cruise. There are some amazing rivers across this continent, allowing you to discover Europe in a relaxed, welcoming environment. Sitting in a sun lounger on the deck watching medieval villages and castles go by is the opportunity of a life time.
What about Ocean Cruises?
If you really want an unforgettable trip, forget about the ocean cruises. When you book on Viking River Tours, you will be able to get a real bird’s eye view of some of Europe’s most scenic and cultural sites and you never have to rush between the different places.
Ocean cruises are great if you enjoy spending most of your time surrounded by water on all sides. With a river cruise, you will have direct access to a huge number of towns and cities, as well as breathtaking and ever-changing natural wonders. Forests, towns, vineyards and castles will all be within sight.
If you are adventurous, you will also have plenty of opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors. You can go hiking, join guided tours, go shopping, enjoy local food and more.
Why River Cruise Are Perfect
- You have a stress-free vacation.
- Your travel plans are fully taken care of.
- You don’t have to pack and unpack whenever you arrive at a new destination and everything you need is onboard.
- The dining options on river cruises are amazing. In most cases, the menu will follow that of the local region, which means you will have an opportunity to try foods you have been unfamiliar with thus far as well.
- River cruises offer great value for money. You will know exactly how much everything costs before you leave. Most river cruises offer all inclusive packages, which means your travel, meals, entertainment and accommodation is paid for. Some even include shore excursions in your booking. All you have to bring is a bit of money for shopping and the occasional tip.
- River cruises are romantic and therefore perfect for honeymooners. There is just a certain charm about gently sailing down a river, enjoying the natural beauty that surrounds you and the various villages that you can stop in. Sipping champagne on the balcony together at night is an experience you will never forget. You can even ask that your tour operator makes a few special arrangements for a romantic dinner. They will do everything they can to make sure your honeymoon is memorable and enjoyable, and that you can build memories to last a lifetime.
- Customer satisfaction in river cruises is incredibly high. In fact, few people who have gone on such a cruise will return and say they would never do it again. Quite the contrary, with many people choosing nothing but river cruises again and again once they have given it a try.
Broaden Your Horizons Even More
Let’s not be too negative about ocean cruises, though. There are plenty of cruises across Europe and beyond for you to choose from as well. Or, you could even take in 2 continents, such as on a Rio de Janeiro to Barcelona ocean cruise.
Cruise holidays have been popular for many years. They have always had a sense of luxury about them, and many people still see them as incredibly expensive and designed only for the wealthy and famous. As a result, people miss out on the opportunity to have fantastic voyages around the globe.
However, many company’s offer fantastic cruise opportunities at affordable prices. This means everybody is finally able to enjoy the holiday of a lifetime, and truly expand their own horizons as well. One of our favorite trips is the Rio de Janeiro to Barcelona cruise.
With this amazing trip, you will start in the fantastic city of Rio de Janeiro. From there, you will make your way to Salvador de Bahia and onwards to Maceio. Your final stop in Brazil is Recife, after which you will start your journey across the Atlantic Ocean.
Your first stop after that crossing will be Porto Grande, where you will have ample opportunity to shed your sea legs for a while. You will then go on to Lanzarote, before heading to Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Sangier. From there on, you will cross over to Europe, spending some time in Malaga, before finally going on to Barcelona.
The trip also includes as many as 36 free shore excursions. These have been designed to allow you to really experience the different ports at which you will call. Best places to visit when on a European cruise
Our choice of ship would be the Seven Seas Mariner, which is an internationally acclaimed ship. It was the first ship of its kind, as all rooms were en-suite and had a balcony. In 2002, Ocean and Cruise News awarded it the prestigious “Ship of the Year” Award. The ship really is a ship of firsts, as it was the first in the world to offer Le Cordon Bleu of Paris in their restaurants, which is a world-famous dining experience.