You’re going on a journey. It’s a dream trip to enjoy and have the time of your life leaving all life’s stress behind. You’re packing, but wait, are those towels taking half of your luggage? What you need is a Microfiber Travel Towel.
While traditional towels take up a lot of space, microfiber towels fold small. They also dry quickly. Our family uses them at home as well. We love using them as microfiber bath towels. I love how they air dry quickly.
Also, after washing them, I love how they dry so much more quickly in the dryer than regular towels which are so thick.
What is a Travel Towel?
Specially designed travel towel provide an excellent alternative to traditional towels. Microfiber travel towels are durable and versatile, they are light and easy to roll and pack regardless of what you use them for.
If you go for a swim and come out to dry, they absorb water faster. They dry easily and quickly.
The most popular travel towel are ones made of microfiber material. This material is smooth and soft as compared to chamois leather. There are a variety of microfiber travel towels. Here are our favorites:
Best Travel and Microfiber Travel Towel
Northbound Train Microfiber Towel
These Northbound Train microfiber towels have been my kids’ favorite travel towels and bath towels. I asked my 10 year old why he only wants to use this towel, and he said, “You just put it on a spot and the water is gone!”
My older son brings these microfiber travel towels for his Boy Scout campouts. He brings three. He brings the larger two for swimming and showering. They pack small for his backpacking trips and dry quickly while at camp. He’s even used them as an additional blanket covering on one campout when it was in the 40s overnight.
I asked my 11 year old boy scout why he likes bringing these towels with him, and he said, “They are light and when I’m backpacking, every ounce counts.” (He’s had to carry 19 pounds in his backpack for an 18 mile hike over two days, so light towels are essential.)
He also said, “It absorbs your sweat.” I learned he’s using the smaller microfiber towel (12″ x 36″) to wipe his neck and face when camping.
Northbound Train Microfiber Towel Benefits:
- Super absorbent
- Lightweight for backpacking and traveling
- Antibacterial: This is an added bonus that I didn’t realize when I ordered these towels. These microfiber towels have a skin-safe zinc oxide coating which repels germs and prevents odors.
- It’s a set of two: small is 12″ x 36″ and large is 30″ x 60″
- Tremendous lifetime guarantee.
- Packs small
- Soft and all around easy to use towel
- Comes in light gray with a blue trim or pink trim
These have been my kids’ favorite towels. I love them because they dry so fast in the dryer. When I dry my traditional towels, they take so long in the dryer, I have to watch so they don’t shrink our other clothes.
Shandali Microfiber Travel Towel
The Shandali microfiber towel is currently rated as the best travel towel. Preferred by many for long or short distance travels, the towel is made of microfiber material which is soft like velvet and smooth like a baby’s skin. It dries quickly and absorbs water quickly.
The Shandali UltraSport Travel Towel – #1 Rated Travel Towel, Sport Towel, Beach and Microfiber Towel. Super Absorbent!
Ultra-Fast-Drying. Perfect for Camping, Backpacking, Showering (Check prices here).
Shandali Microfiber Travel Towel Benefits:
- It has a little loop you can use to hang the towel anywhere you want. No more dropping your towel clumsily and getting it dirty.
- It is a big towel but when you fold, it becomes compact and you can store it anywhere easily. You can carry it around in your gym bag, your suitcase, a bag and even in a purse!
- You can use the towel anywhere you want.
- Comes in two sizes, small and medium.
- It is lightweight and weighs just a few ounces.
- The towel is coated with silver-ion antibacterial. This offers users protection against bacteria. The silver-ions prohibit the formation of germs and bacteria on the towel.
Sea to Summit DryLite Travel Towel
Sea to Summit DryLite travel towel is an excellent option if you decide to go camping, on holiday or on a trekking adventure. These towels are made of microfiber material and are extremely fast drying, not to mention highly absorbent.
Sea to Summit Tek Towel Wash Kit (Check prices here)
Sea to Summit DryLite Travel Towel Benefits:
- Soft and smooth on the skin
- Made with 70% polyester and 30% nylon Microfiber and detailed with supreme suede linings
- Highly efficient at both drying and absorbing water
- Can be washed in the machine
- Available in different colors, including Kiwi, Green and Berry
- Soft brushed feeling when using it after a bath
You can use the Sea to Summit DryLite travel towel to wipe dishes when on a camping trip and can use the same towel anywhere you want. They are perfectly suited for your travel and are extremely light to pack.
Since they are multipurpose towels, you won’t have to pack 2 or 3 towels. And the best part is that these towels are available in a whole range of different sizes which makes packing easier and hassle-free.
Sea to Summit DryLite Travel Towel Sizes:
- Extra Small, (30cm x 60cm), Weight 37g
- Small, (40cm x 80cm), Weight 62g
- Medium, (50cm x 100cm), Weight 100g
- Large, (60cm x 120cm), Weight 145g
- Extra Large, (75cm x 150cm), Weight 200g
The Sea to Summit DryLite edition is available in different colors including cobalt blue, outback red and jade green.
If you choose one of these quick dry towels in the small or medium sizes, they are great to use as a hair towel. Using a microfiber hair towel will be light on your hair when it’s wet and more fragile. I always bring one when traveling.
Lightload Towels – The Only Travel Towel That Are Survival Tools
With regards to space and the weight of towels, nothing can beat Lightload travel towel. You can store them anywhere, even in your back pocket when folded. Once you unpack them, they turn out to be really big and have efficient water absorbing capability and you can use them anywhere you want to.
Lightload Towels Benefits:
- Once unpacked, the Lightload travel towels expand to a large size, measuring 60 inches x 36 inches. Consider it a large beach towel.
- Super water absorbent ability. The towels are made with viscose fibers which can absorb up to 10 times the towel’s weight.
- Dries really fast.
- You can re-pack it into its packing size and fit it into your back pocket.
- Available in assorted colors.
- Lightload towels are machine washable.
Lightload Travel Towels Three Pack are best used for camping, trekking and general travelling purpose and come in a three towel pack (Check prices here).
MyQuest Microfiber Towel
The MyQuest Microfiber towel is manufactured using fine quality microfiber material and is a fast drying towel. It is made with millions of micro-woven rings which are attached to the towel.
The micro-woven rings eradicate the largeness and bulkiness of traditional towels. MyQuest Microfiber Towel (Check Prices here)
MyQuest Microfiber Towel Benefits:
- Fast drying, smooth and extremely soft on the skin.
- Can be used and stored anywhere easily.
- The towel is of a large size, measuring 30” x 60” and can be repacked in its own packing which measures 8” x 8”!
- Antimicrobial treatment on the towel prevents bacteria from forming on the towel. It also keeps the towel fresh and sterile all the time so you can it whenever you want.
- Available in medium blue color.
The MyQuest Microfiber towels can be used for many things including as a hot yoga towel, a yoga mat and it is great when you finish a gruesome cardio workout. It can absorb sweat really fast and dry off just as fast and doesn’t give out any bad smell.
You can also checkout our Travel Towel Reviews – Best Travel Towel – Which To Buy?
Best Microfiber Towel
When you’re traveling, pack a microfiber travel towel, even if you don’t think you will need it. A good microfiber towel is essential for any backpacking journey. Another advantage of bringing your own travel towel is the green travel aspect. Using your own travel towel is an excellent way to go green. Here is a nice article about Green Travel.
These are some of the best microfiber travel towels you can use anywhere and for anything, whether you are traveling or not. While regular towels take up space and take a long time to dry, microfiber towels are easy to pack, tote around, and dry quickly.
Basics Of Light and Easy Backpacking and Gift Ideas for the Traveler and Adventurer in Your Life. These microfibre towels will soon become your favorite towels for traveling and at home.