A glance, a smile, a word, an acknowledgment of each other – a meeting between two people can be as brief as a second, but last in your memory forever. Traveling and meeting people opens your eyes to new ways of life and gives you a different perspective on things. One of the most amazing [...]
Archive | Travel Photos RSS feed for this section
This is our entry in Booked.net‘s “Capture the Season”, where contributors post photos that they think capture the seasons best – we thought it was a nice idea, and these were the first photos that came to mind when thinking of the four seasons: I realize it’s late summer when … … the sun sets earlier [...]
This lady sitting in her bamboo hut in Laos waved to us to come closer. The way they wave in Laos is the complete opposite from in Europe, so at first we thought she was waving for us to go away, which was confusing because she had the biggest smile in her face. It turned out [...]
When a new boat gets launched into the river or ocean in western countries we have a ceremony of breaking a champagne bottle. In Thailand they tie colorful cloth instead. At the beginning of each season the long-tail boat owners bring colorful cloths to tie to the front of the boat for good luck and ask [...]
Whenever we walked past our neighbors on DonDet, Laos – this pig of theirs was always – always, eating. But you have to admit, it is kind of cute anyway, isn’t it… :p
Koh Lanta has some of the most beautiful beaches, and while Khlong Dao wasn’t our absolute favorite beach on Koh Lanta (nothing beats Khlong Nin!) this beach was definitely living up to our standards: Beautiful turqoise clear water, soft sandy beach – and a bunch of cheap wooden bungalows with WiFi and hammocks just a [...]
Ganesha and Jesus literally “hanging out”…
A Smorsgasbord of colorful veggies drew my attention so much that I barely noticed the little ladies in the middle of it all!
Sometimes it happens, that amazing unforgettable sunset, the one that you wish lasted forever…
Wat Pho is famous for its impressive huge golden Reclining Buddha, but few know that this also is the birthplace for the traditional Thai massage…
- Travel Water Bottles December 13, 2013
- New York USA – A Dream for Shoppers December 13, 2013
- Yalikavak Holiday Destinations – 2014 December 12, 2013
- Keeping your Home Safe While You’re Abroad December 12, 2013
- The Edinburgh Fringe Festival Top Tips December 11, 2013
- 5 National Parks in the USA That Should Be On Your Travel List December 11, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Jay@TravelIdeaz: I got to say, this place is better than most of th...
- Brittany @ Paws for Beer: Great list! I have been to both Yellowstone and Z...
- Jay@TravelIdeaz: Me too. I might have to do some more research on t...
- Steuben Tours Berlin: One thing I stumbled upon recently is the first en...
- Agness: Crater Lake National Park is definitely the most c...
- Agness: I've never heard of Edinburgh Fringe Festival bef...
More good stuff to read…
- Travel Water Bottles
- New York USA – A Dream for Shoppers
- Yalikavak Holiday Destinations – 2014
- Keeping your Home Safe While You’re Abroad
- The Edinburgh Fringe Festival Top Tips
- 5 National Parks in the USA That Should Be On Your Travel List
- Berlin Where “Green” is the New “Black”
- Fancy Some Winter Sun? – Top 5 Places To Visit in the Winter Sun
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About