Sometimes, being a vegetarian traveler sucks. You can spend hours looking for a place to eat without any luck, and then when you finally think you’ve found a place, you still end up with chicken feet in your soup. For some reason, people still seem to believe that just because you don’t eat meat, you [...]
Archive | Travel Advice RSS feed for this section
Holiday Hairstyles - Clothes get scruffy and lose shape quickly when you’re on the road, and given the small space in your bag you don’t have a whole lot of outfits to play with – all I have are two t-shirts, a pair of shorts and two dresses, in other words I only have a handful [...]
Many people, especially those on a competitive career path, are very hesitant about taking some time off to travel the world. I’ve met people who say that they would love to travel the world for a year, and that they probably will – one day … “One day, when I’ve finished studying”, “One day, when [...]
A few weeks ago – we were sitting in a colorful Trishaw (bicycle taxi), touring the streets of Georgetown in Penang while filming a new travel episode and chitchatting with the old wrinkled man behind us pushing the bike. In reality, it would have been faster to simply walk, so it was a little funny to see [...]
One of the things you’re likely to face at some point during your travels is culture shock – these can range from the smallest details to massive moral issues, and even on arranged group holidays it’s impossible to avoid, so it’s crucial to learn how to deal with it whenever it shows up. I’m far [...]
This is our first time in Southeast Asia during the off season – we discussed many the many pros and cons before finally deciding to go – one of the cons involved was the weather – what would Southeast Asia be like during the off season? Last time we traveled to a hot country during [...]
Summer has finally arrived in Europe, and thousands of travelers are packing their bags and backpacks to explore everything that Europe has to offer. Spring, autumn and winter all have their perks, but the truth is that Europe is never as beautiful as during summer, and while accommodation can be harder to come by, there [...]
Kids splashing water and yelling in overcrowded swimming pools, a perky “party man” organizing conga lines and events, plain buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and boring shows at night – this is the nightmare of all inclusive vacations – one that doesn’t have to be yours! There are many all inclusive vacations that are really [...]
Cheap European Vacations – Where To Go This Summer We get a lot of emails from people asking for advice on their planned Europe trips, and the most common question we get is about how much it will cost to travel to the destinations they have planned, and then also if we have some tips [...]
Eating out in Europe is always a slightly different experience depending on which country you visit, and while many things are similar to the US, Canada and the rest of the world, there are some important differences. To make sure you don’t have a bad and confusing experience, and that you act with good etiquette [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Stef: Hi Sofia, I loved Cairns, everyone should go and ...
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...