Love it or hate it, but bargaining is there and if you ignore learning how to make it work for you, you’ll end up spending all your weekly budget in one day. Knowing how to bargain is a priceless skill-set for any traveler. By knowing how to bargain you will not only save money, but might [...]
Archive | Travel Advice RSS feed for this section
If you’re planning to book a flight with Air France next month you better watch your weight. Starting from the 1st of April 2010, people who are too big to squeeze into their seats will have to pay for two seats instead – calling it ‘Fat Tax’. This is a sensitive subject around the world, [...]
When we left for our first backpacking trip together last year Nathan brought his old 90 litre backpack and I bought a brand new 65 litre one. The shop assistant told me that she thought I might find it a little small for the kind of backpacking trip we were planning: 8 months straight on the road [...]
There we were, in my old pimped out car from -84, driving in the afternoon sun with the windows turned down. Everything was just about as perfect as a roadtrip could be (except we didn’t have surfboards on the rooftop, but that didn’t matter much). There was however something missing, something VERY important – Where [...]
Don’t worry, I’m not going to talk to you about ethics or morals in this post, all I’m going to say is that if you want to stay safe from food poisoning, it’s a wise choice to eat mainly vegetarian food. Often during my travels I get the question if I’m a ‘Travel-vegetarian’, which I [...]
Whether you’re backpacking, doing a road trip, staying in hotels, long journey or short, from my experience of travelling over the years, the best advice I can give is be prepared, but travel *light*!
You’ll be surprised as to how little you actually *need* when travelling. I know Nathan did half a year around the world [...]
I’ve had my iPod Touch for about two months now, and I’m falling helplessly in love with it more and more every day. It’s my personal assistant, I use it for just about everything. From reading books, storing recipes and workout exercises to converting currencies, booking hostels and checking the bus/train timetables. I suppsoe you [...]
Wherever I go my Sari follows. The Sari is the most versatile travel item there could ever be – I use it as a towel, beach / picnic blanket, dress and a skirt. Using a Sari for these things is probably not new for you, BUT do you know how to make a bag out of [...]
Being a vegetarian traveller is an advantage as well as a disadvantage. The good part is that we’re less likely to get food poisoned, as meat is often badly cooked and tend to have a lot of bacterias and bugs on it. The downside however, is that there often isn’t much to choose between on [...]
Or if you prefer – here is a nice list of 10 things to avoid doing – do the opposite and keep yourself safer while out on the road visiting all those fun new places around the world. 1. Always carry too much stuff (bags etc.) for too long even when it isn’t necessary. If [...]
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, Uk May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...