Guest Post by Lisa – While you are out in the big world traveling, you are excited, and enjoying this new sense of freedom, and may therefore forget or ignore the dangers around you. You need to remember that when you are on a trip, you are not in your hometown, so you have to make [...]
Archive | Travel Advice RSS feed for this section
“I used to be more like you, but these days I could never travel like you do. It’s really not a lifestyle that I could do anymore, I’m too old for that, and I prefer things to be more comfortable”. That was my mum last week. She still travels a few times a year, and [...]
Sometimes I wonder if travelers are of a different species than the rest of the world - there are some truly amazing and inspirational travelers out there doing some crazy stuff just for fun, and/or to bring aware-ness to certain issues around the world. Here are a few of my faves. The Guy Who Travels Without [...]
There is one word which is more powerful than any other word, a word that makes you go either right or left – I’m talking about the “YES” word. ‘Yes’ is by far the most powerful word in the world. Saying yes to something can completely transform your life. It’s crazy to think that such [...]
Guest Post: this article was provided by Ross Fraser @ Europe Traveler – Ross is a travel blogger and nearly turning 30 – this is a post about his dream 30th birthday present trip. You reach a certain point in your life when you say I’ve had enough of roughing it as a backpacker and [...]
Learning a new language is a tough challenge while traveling, and it can easily get so overwhelming that you finally just give up. I don’t have a quick fix to learn a language, there are no magic pills. But I have had the opportunity to study many languages, and have found out what works and [...]
Have you ever watched those TV shows like “Customs” or “Border Security: Australia’s Front Line”? If so, you know that they make some pretty odd discoveries on people going through customs… Animals and drugs remain two of the biggest threats to borderline security, and smugglers are constantly coming [...]
Anyone here fancy a round-the-world trip? All expenses paid of course. Oh, and with £1000 cash thrown in just to sweeten the deal. If that sounds right up your alley (and it’s certainly up ours), we suggest you pay attention. HostelBookers has just launched the biggest ever 2010 HostelBookers Travel Survey, and they want you [...]
How to take a good picture of yourself while traveling … you’re on this amazing trip around the world – you take hundreds of pictures from all different angles, when you return you have pictures of amazing buildings, and places – but none of you! The best way to avoid this from happening is simply [...]
For the better or worse, there is no doubt that big movie hits have a massive impact on tourism around the world. Just like the ‘Survivor’ shows on Caramoan had tourists “discovering” and wanting to see the beautiful and remote setting – big million dollar movies have the same effect. Here are a few of [...]
- Berlin Where “Green” is the New “Black” December 10, 2013
- Fancy Some Winter Sun? – Top 5 Places To Visit in the Winter Sun December 9, 2013
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- Hannah: Wow! Awesome photo! Definitely a must place to vis...
- Agness: Berlin is very depressing in winter, but Christmas...
- rebecca kroegel: Dont forget Queenstown NZ...
- rebecca kroegel: another place I never got to on my European trip, ...
- rebecca kroegel: oh I wish I had of know this when i was there!...
- rebecca kroegel: In Australia at the moment and I must say im sick ...
More good stuff to read…
- Berlin Where “Green” is the New “Black”
- Fancy Some Winter Sun? – Top 5 Places To Visit in the Winter Sun
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America