Many people, especially those on a competitive career path, are very hesitant about taking some time off to travel the world. I’ve met people who say that they would love to travel the world for a year, and that they probably will – one day … “One day, when I’ve finished studying”, “One day, when [...]
Archive | On The Road RSS feed for this section
A few weeks ago – we were sitting in a colorful Trishaw (bicycle taxi), touring the streets of Georgetown in Penang while filming a new travel episode and chitchatting with the old wrinkled man behind us pushing the bike. In reality, it would have been faster to simply walk, so it was a little funny to see [...]
This is our first time in Southeast Asia during the off season – we discussed many the many pros and cons before finally deciding to go – one of the cons involved was the weather – what would Southeast Asia be like during the off season? Last time we traveled to a hot country during [...]
I have had a passion for travel as long as I can remember, and as much as I would like it to be something that I found on my own – it’s not. Kids are like play-dough, they are easily shaped and it’s always someone else who is the creator. We can change over time when [...]
Crossing a border over land can be tricky as hell or really smooth, and sometimes which one it turns out to be is not entirely up to you or even the officials – but the bus drivers. The bus drivers conveniently make you stop for an hour or two in the heat to make you [...]
Watching your own body language – the way you say things and how you act can be difficult when traveling in foreign cultures, but that’s nothing compared to trying to understand gestures from other cultures! Here is a list of gestures around the world that I’ve found rather confusing… 1 The Indian Yes-No-Maybe shake If [...]
Guest Post Written By David: At some point in your life, you have probably found yourself behind one of those people who take forever in security due to poor preparation or, even worse, you have been one of those people yourself. Although customs and security will …
I wish I couldn’t write about this topic, but sadly enough it’s not all that hard. There are places that are reaching a point of destruction, and for different reasons they will soon be gone. As I write this post, I feel split between paradoxes. While I would really want to see these places, I [...]
Muddy hiking boots, cargo pants, dirty week-old clothes, and a back drenched in sweat from the warm backpack you’ve been carrying for the last few hours… it doesn’t really sound like the sexiest look ever, does it? Backpacking is far from the romantic idyllic pictures you see in travel ads where everyone always wear …
Guest Post – Chris: There have been all manner of lists over the years telling you exactly what you should take on a plane to make it a more enjoyable flight… However this was before the influx of portable technology that allows you to enjoy the flight a lot more than you used to! So [...]
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Red Hunt: I really enjoyed Stockholm's Archipelago too....b...
- Luxury Travels: Great selection of activities...St Lucia is truly ...
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...