One of the things you’re likely to face at some point during your travels is culture shock – these can range from the smallest details to massive moral issues, and even on arranged group holidays it’s impossible to avoid, so it’s crucial to learn how to deal with it whenever it shows up. I’m far [...]
Archive | Mental & Internal RSS feed for this section
I’ve always had this fascination/fear of doing things outside of my comfort zone – I love it and hate it at the same time, BUT it’s the feeling afterwards which gets me addicted to it. Everything from speaking in public to learning new skills like skiing and surfing – I keep doing it and keep [...]
I’m not a religious person, in fact, I quit the automatic-at-birth church membership they sign you up for in Sweden last year. However, I’ve always enjoyed visiting churches, I feel that there is something special about them, something very comforting. I feel safe and calm when …
There is a guy I know, who spent years dreaming about everything he wanted to do – most of all he wanted to travel the world and do some crazy adventures. But life never seemed to work that way for him, and he never seemed to have any time to do all that he dreamed. Today, he is [...]
My grandmother has a very specific view of people who travel a lot, especially old people. She can’t understand how they can’t just be happy with staying at home, why their souls are so restless and unhappy with their current situation. I hear and read this a lot: If you travel all the time, you’re [...]
People can love traveling, but have a deep fear of flying. Some dislike it more than others, but I’m sure that we all have that thought crossing our minds that an accident could happen. For some people, the thought just passes quickly through the mind, while for others the thought won’t leave them until they [...]
Traveling as a couple has its ups and downs, and it really isn’t all a bed of roses. Something you have to be prepared for is having to cope with things you wouldn’t need to if you traveled alone. For example, when I get really hungry I’m not that fun to be around, and Nathan [...]
There is one word which is more powerful than any other word, a word that makes you go either right or left – I’m talking about the “YES” word. ‘Yes’ is by far the most powerful word in the world. Saying yes to something can completely transform your life. It’s crazy to think that such [...]
5 Reasons I Love To Travel Luckily, the 5 things I hate about traveling don’t outweigh the 5 things I love about it. Having the ability to travel around the world is one of the most amazing things in the world, there are so many awesome things to learn, and help us grow – I [...]
5 Things (Life Lessons) I Learned While Visiting Vanuatu From Hanging Out With Some Of The Happiest People In The World. You learn a lot when you go traveling, especially from the people you meet along the way. Out of all the places I’ve been, there is no place where I’ve learned so much about [...]
- Top 5 Places To Visit In Florida June 19, 2013
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels In The Seychelles June 18, 2013
- 5 Quirky Places in the UK June 17, 2013
- 5 Scenic Drives in the UK June 16, 2013
- Why Send Your Kids To Summer Camp Abroad? June 15, 2013
- Must See West End Musicals This Summer! June 14, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Mark: Wow! That view of Haydon Bridge is a piece of heav...
- Becky Padmore: Any of those would do! They all look gorgeous :-)...
- Bruised Passports: That's quite a comprehensive list guys- our favou...
- OCDemon: I like the little models more than I like the actu...
- nicole | the wondernuts: Been wanting to see the fairy pools in Scotland fo...
- Debbie @ European Travelista: I'd love a drive through the English countryside....