For me one of the most versatile foods ever is probably couscous, you can eat it with practically anything. What makes it such a great backpacking food is the fact it’s super quick, easy and cheap. A box of couscous lasts for a long time (for one person you only need half a cup of [...]
Archive | Health And Safety RSS feed for this section
Guest Post by Lisa – While you are out in the big world traveling, you are excited, and enjoying this new sense of freedom, and may therefore forget or ignore the dangers around you. You need to remember that when you are on a trip, you are not in your hometown, so you have to make [...]
I absolutely love the water and swimming, but there have been a few times where I was so grossed out or scared that I simply wouldn’t go close to the water – however, the places I’ve been to are nothing compared to the places below. Today I will share with you some of the most [...]
Travel Sickness – Ways To Ease It There are many great NATURAL ways to ease and cure your travel sickness. There are several travel sickness medicines that work well, some to have before the trip (whether you’re flying or taking the bus or similar) to avoid travel sickness, and others to help you deal with [...]
Travel Question – How To Travel As A Vegetarian. This week we received a question from Mark: “Hi there! I’m a vegetarian about to leave on my first RTW trip, and I came upon your post top 6 countries for vegetarian food lovers. So I’m wondering: what is it like traveling as a vegetarian? I’ve [...]
The worst jetlag I’ve ever had was going from London to New Zealand, a 36 hour flight east. Now what does it matter that it was a flight going east? A huge matter, it makes almost all the difference between severe jetlag and no jetlag – although we didn’t know that back then. We could [...]
Being a vegetarian traveller is an advantage as well as a disadvantage. The good part is that we’re less likely to get food poisoned, as meat is often badly cooked and tend to have a lot of bacterias and bugs on it. The downside however, is that there often isn’t much to choose between on [...]
Or if you prefer – here is a nice list of 10 things to avoid doing – do the opposite and keep yourself safer while out on the road visiting all those fun new places around the world. 1. Always carry too much stuff (bags etc.) for too long even when it isn’t necessary. If [...]
While reading the reviews from the dirtiest hotels in Europe on Tripadvisor, I started thinking about my own hotel experiences. Some have been awesome, but what really brings back memories is thinking about the horrible ones. The worst hotel we’ve stayed at was on an Island on the east coast of Malaysia. Well, it would be [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel