Thelma and Louise is one of my all-time favorite road trip movies, and every time I watch a clip from the movie I want to take to the road on a new adventure. There is something about the freedom of being able to turn off on a new unknown road or stop over for a [...]
Archive | Gear & Technology RSS feed for this section
Before switching from backpacks to roller bags just over a year ago, we never expected the impact this seemingly small change would have on our travels. Practically every year since 2008 we’ve bought new backpacks, constantly downsizing, going from 95L to 45L and finally carry-on sized roller bags, and each change has brought a new [...]
Company: Lingibli Product: Mobile Phone Language Course. Purchase from: App Store & Android Market During our first month in Garmisch-Partenkirchen we became frustrated with our poor knowledge of German, knowing the basics simply wasn’t good enough, as we missed out on many conversations with people. There is nothing more annoying than when someone cracks a joke with you and [...]
As many of you probably know we are currently in the Bavarian Alps in southern Germany enjoying a ski season. Now that spring is approaching, we’ve had some amazing days of sunny warm weather lately, but this also affects the snow and makes it more dangerous if you go skiing off-piste. Many people who go [...]
During our current trip through Germany we’ve been testing the latest travel product from David’sBeenHere.com: a digital luggage scale – watch our video review below. For us this was one of those products we hadn’t realized how much we really needed until David sent it to us, and it’s been SO useful! We only travel with [...]
This months As We Travel travel product review is the xShot Camera Extender – the great guys at xShot sent us a review copy a few days ago, and we have had a fun time testing out this product with our camera. Check out our As We Travel video review below: If you would like [...]
Sleeping Bag Liner – A Must Have Travel Item Something I bought as a little extra luxury item on my travels turned out to be one of the best things I’ve ever bought. I cannot recommend a sleeping bag liner enough. Both me and Nathan bought one each a few years ago, and since then they [...]
REVIEW: We were recently sent a new spanish language course called: “Bueno Entonces…”, which was released by General Linguistics. With my lacking Spanish knowledge and Nathan’s zero knowledge, we were really keen to try this …
Travel Underwear Review – The SEXY Pair!? Next year ExOfficio is launching a whole new collection called Lacy, and they sent me a free pair to test. ExOfficio has listened to their customers’ feed back about the not so sexy travel underwear style, and this new collection claims to be the sexy travel underwear style. This sounded [...]
Towels are among the most bulky items to pack when traveling around the world, they take up too much space and take forever to dry. So ever since I bought my first travel towel it’s been much easier. The major difference you will find from a normal towel is that they pack down so small, [...]
- The Alsace Wine Route – Photo Essay June 20, 2013
- Top 5 Places To Visit In Florida June 19, 2013
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels In The Seychelles June 18, 2013
- 5 Quirky Places in the UK June 17, 2013
- 5 Scenic Drives in the UK June 16, 2013
- Why Send Your Kids To Summer Camp Abroad? June 15, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Jeremy: Saint Augustine is also a cool place to visit. It...
- Sofia: Glad you like them Mark!...
- Sofia: Glad to hear you like the list, and thanks for the...
- Sofia: Yeah, I was completely blown away by Scotland. Nev...
- Sofia: Great trip itinerary, those areas really are some ...
- Sofia: Asia is pretty hectic indeed, I think that's one ...