Most travel lovers started traveling early with the family, from road trips to visiting new and different countries. Back in the old days, we had no iPads or fancy electronics other than a Walkman and a couple of old tapes. Entertainment came in the form of cards, Boggle, Battleship and tic-tac-toe. Kids now-a-days, it’s [...]
Archive | Gear & Technology RSS feed for this section
Full-Time Traveling, RV Style Do you ever dream about traveling full-time? Getting a job you can do from the road and then never getting off it? Then maybe it’s time to join the legions of people living in RVs and seeing the world. We’ve already written about the benefits of leisurely driving over stressful air [...]
1. You Can Never Take Enough Pictures It’s always disappointing to discover that what you thought was a perfect shot is blurry, over or under-exposed, or shows someone blinking. For every great photo, there are plenty of not-so-great photos — improve your chances by taking multiple shots of everything. Many DSLR cameras like the Nikon [...]
When you’re planning the trip of a lifetime, you’ll need to think of what travel gear you’re going to need. A good quality travel rucksack is without a doubt going to be at the top of your list, but which one will be best suited to your needs? The following tips will have you ready [...]
Thelma and Louise is one of my all-time favorite road trip movies, and every time I watch a clip from the movie I want to take to the road on a new adventure. There is something about the freedom of being able to turn off on a new unknown road or stop over for a [...]
Before switching from backpacks to roller bags just over a year ago, we never expected the impact this seemingly small change would have on our travels. Practically every year since 2008 we’ve bought new backpacks, constantly downsizing, going from 95L to 45L and finally carry-on sized roller bags, and each change has brought a new [...]
Company: Lingibli Product: Mobile Phone Language Course. Purchase from: App Store & Android Market During our first month in Garmisch-Partenkirchen we became frustrated with our poor knowledge of German, knowing the basics simply wasn’t good enough, as we missed out on many conversations with people. There is nothing more annoying than when someone cracks a joke with you and [...]
As many of you probably know we are currently in the Bavarian Alps in southern Germany enjoying a ski season. Now that spring is approaching, we’ve had some amazing days of sunny warm weather lately, but this also affects the snow and makes it more dangerous if you go skiing off-piste. Many people who go [...]
During our current trip through Germany we’ve been testing the latest travel product from David’sBeenHere.com: a digital luggage scale – watch our video review below. For us this was one of those products we hadn’t realized how much we really needed until David sent it to us, and it’s been SO useful! We only travel with [...]
This months As We Travel travel product review is the xShot Camera Extender – the great guys at xShot sent us a review copy a few days ago, and we have had a fun time testing out this product with our camera. Check out our As We Travel video review below: If you would like [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel