NEW: Our RTW Gear List – The 2011 Version – There comes a time when you need to take a look at your current travel gear, throw away the stuff you don’t need or use anymore, and swap it for something new and fresh. Now that we are on our way to travel around South East [...]
Archive | Before You Leave RSS feed for this section
Guest Post: David – The life of a world traveler can be filled with obstacles that you must learn from and overcome. There are problems on every trip that you cannot plan for, but there is a way you can make your trips run more smoothly and more enjoyable – packing wisely …
Cheapest days to fly - so you want to learn which the cheapest days to fly are? For those who are new this, I’ll just clarify, yes, the price of your ticket has a lot to do with which day you fly.. People complain about how expensive traveling has become and how the airfare prices are [...]
Learning a new language is a tough challenge while traveling, and it can easily get so overwhelming that you finally just give up. I don’t have a quick fix to learn a language, there are no magic pills. But I have had the opportunity to study many languages, and have found out what works and [...]
How To Travel The World Stress Free, Saving Time And Without Checking In Your Backpack At The Airport… After having experienced the pain and hassle of traveling with a 65L backpack, I’ve become really into light weight traveling. At first I laughed out loud at the idea of traveling with a pack the same size [...]
What Is Backpacking? In short, backpacking can be described as an independent, often international, low- budget way of travelling. Someone who backpacks is called a ‘Backpacker’. Backpackers generally travel for a longer period of time than most other tourists, and they tend to travel in several different countries during their time away. The number of [...]
What is a Hostel? When you are out exploring the world on your backpacking trip, staying at hostels is the best way for you to live for many reasons, the main one being that they’re always a lot cheaper to stay at than in the traditional hotels. Hostels are also a great way for you [...]
When we left for our first backpacking trip together last year Nathan brought his old 90 litre backpack and I bought a brand new 65 litre one. The shop assistant told me that she thought I might find it a little small for the kind of backpacking trip we were planning: 8 months straight on the road [...]
There we were, in my old pimped out car from -84, driving in the afternoon sun with the windows turned down. Everything was just about as perfect as a roadtrip could be (except we didn’t have surfboards on the rooftop, but that didn’t matter much). There was however something missing, something VERY important – Where [...]
Don’t worry, I’m not going to talk to you about ethics or morals in this post, all I’m going to say is that if you want to stay safe from food poisoning, it’s a wise choice to eat mainly vegetarian food. Often during my travels I get the question if I’m a ‘Travel-vegetarian’, which I [...]
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, Uk May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...