I don’t think that there is anything wrong with tourism, in fact I think at it’s simplest form it’s an awesome thing when we have the ability to travel to other countries and really connect with the world. I also think tourism is unavoidable, so I’m not here to whine about how tourism is taking [...]
Archive | Random Travel Thoughts RSS feed for this section
Spending a hot summer in the city for me isn’t always ideal, often I start feeling really uninspired and restless – I feel like I need to get away from the concrete, the roads, the shops and crowds of tourists, so I pack my backpack once in a while and escape to the most idyllic place [...]
Last year we had the fortune – or misfortune – to celebrate the Balinese New Year. In the western world you open the new year by painfully trying to figure out what the hell happened the night before… In Bali you open the new year very different- by softly reflecting on your life. The Balinese New [...]
The volcanic eruption and the ash cloud over Europe sure put us all to the test last month, and has had many of us wondering what the world would be like without planes. Think about that for a second: – what would the world be like without the ability to fly? My sister was one [...]
Traveling in a new city is tiring, there is just so much going on around you. I often feel that the crowded streets are trying to suffocate me, and trying to find an escape in a cafe always seems to be a bad idea, because the places are overcrowded and people have to raise their [...]
Using Your Power As A Customer Tourism can contribute to the positive development of many countries, but in order to make this happen we as travelers need to take some responsibility. By us just traveling to a country and seeing the poverty doesn’t really make much difference, we also need to be prepared to take [...]
Swiss Punctuality – Does It Make Life Easier? I used to always be the kind of girl who was late for everything. The closer I was to the place, the later I got there, since I often left when I was supposed to be there. I was a hopeless time optimist. But do you know [...]
A new way of travelling is starting to emerge – some call it ”the rise of the voluntourist”. So what does being a Voluntourist mean? A voluntourist, also known as a chadventurer, is simply a tourist/traveller who combines travelling / backpacking around the world with volunteer work or fund raising for charity to help the [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel