You know how sometimes for some random reason you just happen to end up in a certain place at a certain time? Well, for some unknown reason this Lonely Planet writer happened to end up in the backseat of our rented 4WD Jeep – frantically scribbling down notes in his notebook. We were in Samos, [...]
Archive | Random Travel Thoughts RSS feed for this section
Earlier this year we traveled to Sri Lanka, a country full of beauty and adventure – we had heard about the beautiful view of the sunrise from the top of a sacred mountain called Adam’s Peak – and decided to join thousands of pilgrims on their pilgrimage to the peak. Being a holy place for both Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians, Adam’s [...]
This summer we spent about 5 weeks traveling around Europe, and everywhere we went, people talked about the crisis and how it had affected their country. We spoke to a lot of people, and often got to see the results of the crisis first hand – this left a big impression on me, and I [...]
Yesterday, I was – again, approached by a girl asking me something – what she was asking was impossible for me to know, since she was speaking French. I said that I spoke English, but she didn’t want to understand, and continued speaking French. When I smiled helplessly and said again that I didn’t understand, [...]
I’ve always had this fascination/fear of doing things outside of my comfort zone – I love it and hate it at the same time, BUT it’s the feeling afterwards which gets me addicted to it. Everything from speaking in public to learning new skills like skiing and surfing – I keep doing it and keep [...]
Traveling has fast as we have over the last 3 weeks (1 new country every 2-3 days) during the Europe Train Challenge, really forces you think a lot about the whole concept of traveling – there are so many ways to travel, and we all like different things. The day I left to Dublin to [...]
Spending 4 months in South East Asia was perfect. We had planned to visit Philippines, Borneo and Vietnam, but when The Europe Train Challenge became a reality, we had to postpone those plans for another time and focus on the challenge ahead of us. Leaving South East Asia, there are some things that I know [...]
People always talk about how places change so fast, how only ten years ago things were so different. Bangkok in Thailand is no different, only that time there seems to be running on high speed! Changes In Bangkok During the end of our 10 day stay in Bangkok, we found this really nice street food restaurant [...]
Many people hold the belief that they will be able to rest during a long flight and think that they will feel totally refreshed when landing in their destination – they will soon realize that they couldn’t be more wrong … Flying (at least economy class), is not normally …
When entering the fancy glass doors into a “Health and Beauty Clinic” in Chiang Mai, we were welcomed with a glass of ice cold water and asked to sit down and discuss the treatment. It really was an absurd situation, to be talking with two young, good looking women …
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Stef: Hi Sofia, I loved Cairns, everyone should go and ...
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...