Glossy travel photos and inspirational videos make it seem that a life on the road is always fun and exciting, but the truth of it is that sometimes traveling can be exhausting. If you travel long enough, you are bound to get ill, run into hassles with paperwork, have something stolen, or just burn out. [...]
Archive | Random Travel Thoughts RSS feed for this section
You know how sometimes for some random reason you just happen to end up in a certain place at a certain time? Well, for some unknown reason this Lonely Planet writer happened to end up in the backseat of our rented 4WD Jeep – frantically scribbling down notes in his notebook. We were in Samos, [...]
Earlier this year we traveled to Sri Lanka, a country full of beauty and adventure – we had heard about the beautiful view of the sunrise from the top of a sacred mountain called Adam’s Peak – and decided to join thousands of pilgrims on their pilgrimage to the peak. Being a holy place for both Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians, Adam’s [...]
This summer we spent about 5 weeks traveling around Europe, and everywhere we went, people talked about the crisis and how it had affected their country. We spoke to a lot of people, and often got to see the results of the crisis first hand – this left a big impression on me, and I [...]
Yesterday, I was – again, approached by a girl asking me something – what she was asking was impossible for me to know, since she was speaking French. I said that I spoke English, but she didn’t want to understand, and continued speaking French. When I smiled helplessly and said again that I didn’t understand, [...]
I’ve always had this fascination/fear of doing things outside of my comfort zone – I love it and hate it at the same time, BUT it’s the feeling afterwards which gets me addicted to it. Everything from speaking in public to learning new skills like skiing and surfing – I keep doing it and keep [...]
Superstitions is something we laugh about when it’s brought up – until you realize that most of us practice them in all kinds of ways. I’ve never seen myself as a superstitious type, but when my friend Jenny started talking about it a few days ago I realized that superstitions and habits had been there in the [...]
Traveling has fast as we have over the last 3 weeks (1 new country every 2-3 days) during the Europe Train Challenge, really forces you think a lot about the whole concept of traveling – there are so many ways to travel, and we all like different things. The day I left to Dublin to [...]
Spending 4 months in South East Asia was perfect. We had planned to visit Philippines, Borneo and Vietnam, but when The Europe Train Challenge became a reality, we had to postpone those plans for another time and focus on the challenge ahead of us. Leaving South East Asia, there are some things that I know [...]
People always talk about how places change so fast, how only ten years ago things were so different. Bangkok in Thailand is no different, only that time there seems to be running on high speed! Changes In Bangkok During the end of our 10 day stay in Bangkok, we found this really nice street food restaurant [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel