I LOVE traditional festivals – they are some of the best and most fun ways to experience a new country and get an insight into its culture and traditions – in India, countless festivals are held throughout the year, and during these events the country becomes even brighter and more vibrant than ever. Here are [...]
Archive | Destinations RSS feed for this section
Cinque Terre is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque areas in Italy, and it’s impossible not to be charmed by the colorful quaint villages clinging on to the rugged cliffs along the coast and its warm hospitable locals. Walking around the villages you can easily picture what it must have been like a hundred years [...]
Florence is more than just a beautiful Italian city; over the years it has been the birthplace of many very important people in history, from Donatello to Catherine de Medici. Although there are probably as many notable people who have hailed from this city as there are places to stay in Florence, let’s take a [...]
As soon as we arrived in Florence, we knew there was something unique about this city. Everything clicked – it was love at first sight. Florence had everything we had dreamed of Italy, from its gorgeous alleys and squares to the best gelato we had tasted in all of the country and very friendly people. [...]
Surrounded by Italy on all sides, the enclaved micro state San Marino is the oldest republic and surviving sovereign state in the world – dating back to year 301..! Perched on top of a hill, clinging to steep cliffs, is the country’s capital city “San Marino”. On the day we went to visit, the town which on [...]
Spanning 674, 843 km², France is one of the largest countries in Europe, divided into 26 different regions. Each one of these regions are unique and offer something unique and distinctive to that area. This diversity is what makes France such a great destination to travel to. One of the most popular areas is Normandy, [...]
Traveling can be an expensive hobby, not only because of the accommodation or flight ticket, but all those small extra costs such as admission fees and tickets to attractions that you never planned before your trip really add up over time. A great way to explore a city and make the most of your time [...]
The Kenyan coast has been influenced by a large number of different cultures throughout history, mainly due to the fact that Mombasa has been a bustling port since the 12th century. For 800 years Arabs, Swahilis, Portuguese, Omanis and British have all been passing through leaving pieces of their traditions and cultures behind. This unique [...]
While many places around the world are becoming more and more similar to each other – strange places fascinate and stick out even more. I love visiting strange places because I always feel like I learn something from them, and one of the places I’ve wanted to visit ever since I heard about it was [...]
If you’re going on holiday this summer, you should do so in style – here’s a round-up of the top four holiday destinations if you’re craving luxury and exclusivity. The Maldives With over a thousand islands dotting the Indian Ocean, there’s no shortage to choose from. Perhaps because of their exclusivity, the Maldives are a [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...