Nathan, who is from New Zealand, can’t count how many times people have asked him if New Zealand and Australia are the same country, if there is a bridge between the two (yes, people have asked if you can drive between the two countries), and even if they’re joined together. The list goes on, but [...]
Archive | Oceania RSS feed for this section
Long have rail journeys inspired our cultural consciousness with their allure. Since the brothers Lumiere took inspiration and captured one of the first, and most potent pieces of film in 1895 – The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station, rail travel has embodied the principles of invention, curiosity and discovery which drove the industrial [...]
Sydney, Australia was the last stop for my friend and I after 5 months of traveling around South East Asia. Although it was strange to be in a more Westernised environment again, we soon found our feet sampling all the restaurants and bars that our purse strings could possibly handle. If you enjoy live music [...]
Brisbane is for many people the perfect place to live and they say it offers the best lifestyle. When we were there, we found it a really lively place, big enough to have the nightlife, shopping, awesome restaurants and markets, but still small enough to be intimate and down-to-earth & you can also find so many great flights [...]
Travel Photo – Sydney Opera House (The Best Angle) – There are so many different angles to view the Sydney Opera House, I am not sure which is the best angle, but for me it was while taking a ferry over to Manly Beach – You get to see the arches which have come to [...]
Travel Photo – Sharks In Australia – Sharks are such eery and mysterious creatures, that is why I love the light which captured this shark and I think added to the drama and beauty while we were in Sydney, Australia.
Guest Post – Paige Green: It’s the race that stops a nation. The Melbourne Cup is one of the most highly anticipated sporting events of the year in Australia and 2010 marks the 150th running of this iconic race – so if you’re a racing fan or just a fan of the races – it’s [...]
Melanesia, a group of islands north and north east of Australia (including: Fiji, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu), is a region that puts an emphasis on what “paradise” really means. The islands are amazingly beautiful, the history and culture is exotic and many of the people are known to be the happiest and [...]
December, 2009: First time we tried out our newly purchased tent (check out: How We Survived Camping In A Broken Tent For 3 Months In New Zealand ) was a 6 days trip to Hanmer Springs and Kaikoura in the South Island of New Zealand.
Attractions And Things To Do In Queenstown, New Zealand Location: South West of New Zealand’s South Island Currency: NZD, New Zealand Dollars Language: English Short History: Before the Europeans settled in Queenstown, the Maori used to visit seasonally to hunt Moa (an extinct bird) and gather green stone. When gold was discovered in the Arrow [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel