Cairns is one of Australia’s biggest adventure sports capitals, and there is a long list of things to do to get your adrenaline pumping and tick off more than just a few bucket list experiences. Here are 5 reasons why you should visit Cairns next time you’re in Australia… Ballooning If you’ve attempted Ballooning before [...]
Archive | Oceania RSS feed for this section
If you are visiting Australia, there are some drives that you absolutely must try. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking. If you rent a car or go with a friend, travel in a vehicle that is comfortable and robust. A durable SUV is recommended. If you are ready to view Australia at its finest, consider these [...]
Attending local festivals when traveling is one of the best ways to get an insight into the people and the culture of the place you’re visiting – you get to try the local traditional food, listen to their music, watch performances and mix with local people who are all there to enjoy themselves. Becoming emerged [...]
Go to Paris, you have to see the Eiffel Tower – go to India, you have to see the Taj Mahal – go to San Francisco, you have to see the Golden Gate Bridge – go to Egypt, you have to see the Pyramids. Australia is such a vast country that being able to see [...]
Nathan, who is from New Zealand, can’t count how many times people have asked him if New Zealand and Australia are the same country, if there is a bridge between the two (yes, people have asked if you can drive between the two countries), and even if they’re joined together. The list goes on, but [...]
Long have rail journeys inspired our cultural consciousness with their allure. Since the brothers Lumiere took inspiration and captured one of the first, and most potent pieces of film in 1895 – The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station, rail travel has embodied the principles of invention, curiosity and discovery which drove the industrial [...]
Sydney, Australia was the last stop for my friend and I after 5 months of traveling around South East Asia. Although it was strange to be in a more Westernised environment again, we soon found our feet sampling all the restaurants and bars that our purse strings could possibly handle. If you enjoy live music [...]
Brisbane is for many people the perfect place to live and they say it offers the best lifestyle. When we were there, we found it a really lively place, big enough to have the nightlife, shopping, awesome restaurants and markets, but still small enough to be intimate and down-to-earth & you can also find so many great flights [...]
Travel Photo – Sydney Opera House (The Best Angle) – There are so many different angles to view the Sydney Opera House, I am not sure which is the best angle, but for me it was while taking a ferry over to Manly Beach – You get to see the arches which have come to [...]
Travel Photo – Sharks In Australia – Sharks are such eery and mysterious creatures, that is why I love the light which captured this shark and I think added to the drama and beauty while we were in Sydney, Australia.
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...