Things to do in Geneva, Switzerland - Geneva is without a doubt one of Europe’s finest cities – it’s incredibly picturesque and it’s one of the most important in terms of its place in the world. Unfortunately Geneva is also one of Europe’s priciest cities – which can often put people off from scheduling a short [...]
Archive | Switzerland RSS feed for this section
After the stress and fun we had in Barcelona – it was time for us to sit back and chill for a few days. Vevey in Switzerland was perfect for this – amazing nature, clear blue water, wine, chocolate and best of all it was QUIET … Every time we visit Switzerland, we fall more and more [...]
We have traveled quite a bit in Switzerland, and even lived down there for a couple of months. When “As We Travel” was founded back in 2010, we were living far up in the Swiss Alps in a tiny cute village called Scuol. It’s one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to [...]
Top 10 Things To Do Next Time You Visit Switzerland To be honest with you, I never had much interest in visiting Switzerland. I never really thought I would ever visit the country, sure I’d stop by if we happened to pass by, but not more than that really. Well, life is full of surprises [...]
City Guide – Basel, Switzerland Quick Facts: Location: Switzerland Language: (Swiss) German Currency: Swiss Franc Short History: The earliest documented citation of Basilia, the city at the bend in the Rhine, dates from the year 374. Basel’s heraldic animal, the basilisk, is certainly of more recent origin. It is a mythical creature, part cockerel and [...]
Swiss Punctuality – Does It Make Life Easier? I used to always be the kind of girl who was late for everything. The closer I was to the place, the later I got there, since I often left when I was supposed to be there. I was a hopeless time optimist. But do you know [...]
The last 5 months we have been hiding in a tiny village called Scuol in the middle of the Swiss alps, surrounded by forest and high mountains. We made our decision to come here, just like we normally do – by a photo we saw online. You know one of those photos where you go [...]
Hey everyone, hope you all had a great week! This week is our last week in Scuol, so we have been very busy making the most of the winter sports which they offer around this part of Switzerland. Yesterday we went skiing in St. Moritz (a blog about that coming soon!), and a few days [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Stef: Hi Sofia, I loved Cairns, everyone should go and ...
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...