Scandinavia is a region of Europe that tends to be ignored on people’s travel itineraries when they go to Europe – the main reason for this is that they fear it’s too expensive. As a result, much of Scandinavia’s beautiful landscapes and picturesque villages are largely unexplored by travelers, who in my opinion are missing [...]
Archive | Sweden RSS feed for this section
Guest post: Maria from the popular Swedish interior design blog > www.inredningsvis.se My name is Maria and I live in Gothenburg, Sweden’s second biggest city and also Sofia’s home town - Gothenburg has so much to offer, but my absolute favourite getaway is the archipelago. It consists of some of Bohus county’s most beautiful islands, and is just [...]
There are few places in the world like Stockholm, combining the best of both worlds – literally. The city is a vibrant cosmopolitan place with great shopping, fashionable people, lots of bars and clubs and great little boutiques. At the same time you’re always surrounded by water, as it’s situated on 14 islands, and the nature [...]
The most famous song about Stockholm is one that every Swedish person knows, it’s called “Stockholm in my heart”, and is a song about the love locals have for their capital city. And even as a girl born and raised in Gothenburg, its “little brother” who wants to think it’s the better city, I have [...]
Stockholm is unarguably one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, and everyone I’ve met who has been there has had a great time. There is however, nearly always one complaint – the weather. The people are friendly, the city is beautiful, the girls are stunning – but the weather is horrible! …
Coming back to my home city of Gothenburg in Sweden last month, I decided to see the city from a new point of view: The tourist perspective. It made me really appreciate Gothenburg and realize what a great city it is for tourists. Sweden is in general often overlooked as it is off the typical [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Stef: Hi Sofia, I loved Cairns, everyone should go and ...
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...