Scandinavia is a region of Europe that tends to be ignored on people’s travel itineraries when they go to Europe – the main reason for this is that they fear it’s too expensive. As a result, much of Scandinavia’s beautiful landscapes and picturesque villages are largely unexplored by travelers, who in my opinion are missing [...]
Archive | Sweden RSS feed for this section
Guest post: Maria from the popular Swedish interior design blog > www.inredningsvis.se My name is Maria and I live in Gothenburg, Sweden’s second biggest city and also Sofia’s home town - Gothenburg has so much to offer, but my absolute favourite getaway is the archipelago. It consists of some of Bohus county’s most beautiful islands, and is just [...]
There are few places in the world like Stockholm, combining the best of both worlds – literally. The city is a vibrant cosmopolitan place with great shopping, fashionable people, lots of bars and clubs and great little boutiques. At the same time you’re always surrounded by water, as it’s situated on 14 islands, and the nature [...]
The most famous song about Stockholm is one that every Swedish person knows, it’s called “Stockholm in my heart”, and is a song about the love locals have for their capital city. And even as a girl born and raised in Gothenburg, its “little brother” who wants to think it’s the better city, I have [...]
Stockholm is unarguably one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, and everyone I’ve met who has been there has had a great time. There is however, nearly always one complaint – the weather. The people are friendly, the city is beautiful, the girls are stunning – but the weather is horrible! …
Coming back to my home city of Gothenburg in Sweden last month, I decided to see the city from a new point of view: The tourist perspective. It made me really appreciate Gothenburg and realize what a great city it is for tourists. Sweden is in general often overlooked as it is off the typical [...]
- The Alsace Wine Route – Photo Essay June 20, 2013
- Top 5 Places To Visit In Florida June 19, 2013
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels In The Seychelles June 18, 2013
- 5 Quirky Places in the UK June 17, 2013
- 5 Scenic Drives in the UK June 16, 2013
- Why Send Your Kids To Summer Camp Abroad? June 15, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Jeremy: Saint Augustine is also a cool place to visit. It...
- Sofia: Glad you like them Mark!...
- Sofia: Glad to hear you like the list, and thanks for the...
- Sofia: Yeah, I was completely blown away by Scotland. Nev...
- Sofia: Great trip itinerary, those areas really are some ...
- Sofia: Asia is pretty hectic indeed, I think that's one ...