Madeira is a fantastic choice for an active getaway, especially if you love walking – the isle is famed for its levadas – irrigation channels that supply water to the often precariously-placed farms and villages that cling to the sides of the mountains or line the lower ground by the seashore. As well as having [...]
Archive | Spain RSS feed for this section
Guest Post by Tom Bourlet. Menorca’s cuisine is a blend of classic Spanish dishes and foods absorbed through two thousand years of international influence. So there’s certainly no shortage of great food to try in Menorca, and while real home cooking has reduced in popularity in response to busier lifestyles, in recent years efforts have been [...]
Malaga is a large city in the southern Spanish region of Andalucia and capital of the Malaga Province – the largest city on the Costa del Sol, Malaga offers beaches, hiking, architectural sites, art museums, excellent shopping and cuisine, which can turn into a very expensive vacation if you are not prepared. So, firstly make [...]
Things To Do In Madrid, Spain - Madrid is a vibrant city with huge contrasts and diversity; 17th century buildings line up along cobble stoned lanes, next to sky scrapers and wide shopping boulevards, the bullfight traditions live on together with gay pride festivals. The list of things to do in Madrid is endless, but we’ll [...]
There has been a long standing rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid, not only between locals but also between loyal visitors who all praise that their favorite is better than the other for one reason or another. So let’s stir it up a bit and compare the cities with this cool infographic from HostelBookers – where [...]
Salamanca is a great place to visit in Spain – for those who are learning or want to learn Spanish, Spain is the natural choice, whether just for a visit or to live, but instead of opting for the typical cities such as Barcelona and Madrid, why not go to a city like Salamanca? There you [...]
Costa Blanca, translated to “the white coast”, is nicknamed after its 200 km long coast line with countless, never-ending white sandy beaches, and is one of the most heavily visited areas in the whole of Europe. While it’s not something for “off-the-beaten-path” kind of people, it’s definitely popular for a reason. If you’re into sunbathing [...]
Barcelona is for most people THE PLACE to visit – shopping, sun, partying – Barcelona really has everything. We both have been there before, and it was great to come back and see everything from a different perspective a few years later. To read more about our time in Barcelona, make sure you check out: Why You [...]
After Lisbon, we headed to Barcelona, one of the proudest cities in Europe - I say proud because its people ADORE it. Many of them are very strict on separating themselves from the rest of Spain. My uncle, who is born in Barcelona and has lived in Catalonia for all of his life – is one [...]
Did you know that Tenerife is one of the Canary Islands? I didn’t. Mind you, I didn’t even know where the Canary Islands were before I spent two glorious weeks there last summer, and neither did I know that Tenerife is an island, not a city. Inevitably, my learning curve was steep. Tenerife is famous, [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel