Edinburgh is often associated with the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the world’s largest art & comedy festival, but it’s not this festival alone that has given the city its nickname as the “festival city” – in fact there are over 12 festivals taking place in Edinburgh every year. Rather than shining the spotlight on the already [...]
Archive | Scotland RSS feed for this section
When Rabbie’s Tours offered to take us around Scotland for a few days we thought a 1 day tour to Stirling and Loch Lomond would be perfect. The first stop was Stirling Castle, one of the most important castles in Scottish history. You could actually visit the chamber and dining halls of the Royal family who used to live there. [...]
We stayed in Fort William, known as the gateway to the Highlands and the adventure capital of UK. Sitting at the foot of Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in UK, and at the head of Loch Linnhe, a sea loch, the beauty surrounding this town is unmistakable. When asking the locals in Edinburgh what their [...]
Edinburgh is often referred to as the most haunted city in Europe, perhaps because around every corner there is a story to tell. I don’t think I have ever learned so much about a city’s history through stories and tales as I have of Edinburgh. And the fact that the city has preserved so much [...]
One of the reasons I love Europe so much is because of its amazing history, or more precisely how easy it is to experience part of European history even today. In Europe, history is all around us, and Edinburgh was no exception: The Auld Reekie (smokey city), like it was once called, was a city bursting [...]
After three days in Edinburgh, with the most amazing summer weather and getting the most out of our press passes from VisitScotland, we headed further inland to one of the most beautiful parts of Scotland – the Highlands. We stayed in Fort William, known as the gateway to the Highlands and the adventure capital of UK. [...]
Squeezing as much as possible into a travel itinerary is not ideal, so if you want to see as much as possible of Scotland in a short period of time, it’s best once you have arrived and after the right currency exchange rate has been checked to either rent your own car or go with a great tour [...]
After a busy week traveling around Scotland, we were exhausted and in need of a place where we could just sit back and relax. It doesn’t matter how cozy a hostel dorm is, if you’re sharing a room with strangers you simply don’t have the freedom to do whatever you want, when you want. So [...]
We knew Scotland would be beautiful even before we stepped off the plane – just from what we saw 2000 ft in the air was enough to know that this spontaneous trip would give us experiences of a lifetime. We decided to leave the backpacks behind this time and travel with roller bags instead, just [...]
Places to Visit in Scotland Just a hop, skip and a jump from Bristol, after a night at one of the many Bristol Airport hotels and you will find yourself in Edinburgh to start your journey through some of the best places to visit in Scotland. Here is a list of 10 awesome places to visit [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...