Guest Post by Michelle Wilson: Landing in Faro, one of the closest European cities to the equator, it’s so warm that you can see the heat sizzling from the surface of the runway. In a nutshell, Portugal is a country-sized oasis that shares its tourism popularity, beautiful landscape and Latino atmosphere with neighbouring Spain. Still, [...]
Archive | Portugal RSS feed for this section
We were so excited when we found out about Oporto Adventure Tours, a new company which offers tours from Porto and Braga to Peneda Geres, the incredible national park. The company has made one of the best parts of Portugal accessible for tourists to visit in just a day – making it a must-do for [...]
After a long day of Port wine tasting, we finally checked into Hotel Infante Sagres, which couldn’t have given us a better ending to our day. We didn’t have to worry about the usual map confusion and spending half an hour looking for the hotel, because it was just there, right in the middle of [...]
When arriving in Porto, we took the bus over to Foz, a beautiful residential area of the city, and checked into 4Rooms, a Bed & Breakfast hotel which has gained quite a lot of attention during recent years. 4Rooms is located on a small, narrow, cobble stoned street in the old Foz, which locals like [...]
Porto is perhaps most famous for its delicious Port wine, which can only be made and produced in Porto – last year while visiting Lisbon, we tried the famous port for the first time, and absolutely loved it. Although we’re not heavy drinkers at all, we could tell that the Port wine tasted different from [...]
After a stressful and rushed visit to Paris, we really needed a few days rest – so we decided to spend 1 extra day in Lisbon – DOING NOTHING! We both really loved our stay in Lisbon, and can’t wait get get back to the explore more of Portugal. To read more about our time [...]
We had actually planned from the beginning to make Porto our final destination while visiting Portugal during the Europe Train Challenge. However due to certain events, we had to change our filming location to Lisbon and so only got to spend one day in Porto town – but LOVED IT! After walking around for a few [...]
Guest Post: Roberta Summer – A good holiday has to have many elements (sunshine and good company are usually fairly crucial) however, one ingredient remains undisputed: good food. Sampling a county’s culinary delights is a major part of any getaway …
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...