Known as the “Golden City of 100 Spires” and a “Symphony in Stone”, Prague is one of Europe’s best preserved cities – unlike most of the other major cities in Europe, Prague managed to escape the devastating bombs of WWII. The reason for this is that Prague was one of Hitler’s absolute favorite cities. Apparently Hitler intended [...]
Archive | Europe RSS feed for this section
Prague is a lovely city full of history, architecture and that grittiness that can only be described as charming – it’s perfect for a weekend getaway at any time of the year, and there is a lot to see and do. Here are 13 of our top picks of things to do in Prague … [...]
We had been told that being a vegetarian in Prague would be boring and even difficult, so imagine our surprise when Prague turned out to have some of the best vegetarian restaurants we’ve been to in Europe. Walking down the streets of Prague you won’t find a single vegetarian item on the normal menus (except [...]
The Mediterranean is a beautiful place to visit at any time of year – the food, the cultures, the beaches and the quaint little towns make it one of the most romantic regions in Europe to visit, whatever your age and whatever your circumstances. Even if you happen to be travelling with a group of [...]
Bicycles are to Amsterdam what the Eiffel Tower is to Paris, and when you arrive you’ll discover that they’re not just a mode of transport, but a way of life! Hiring a bike and cycling around Amsterdam is the perfect way to see as much of the city as possible in the shortest amount of [...]
After spending a month in the former-hippie turned wealthy-bohemian-latte-mom Prenzlauer Berg district of Berlin, we decided to change our surroundings – we moved to another popular neighbourhood called Kreuzberg, which turned out to be a complete contrast to Prenzlauer Berg … Gritty but Cool Berliners love to refer to their city as “poor but sexy”, and no [...]
Prenzlauer berg is the hippest district in Berlin – at least that’s what the people living there love to describe their beloved neighborhood. With beautiful 20th century buildings, cute boutiques and an overload of cafes lining the streets and boulevards – it’s easy to understand why this area has become so popular. Wondering what it [...]
It’s not every day you get to walk, bike and roller-skate down an airport runway or set up a barbecue on an airfield at an airport. But at Tempelhof Airport in Berlin, these things are normal – the closed airport has become Berlin’s newest playground, now known as Tempelhof park. Taking up a space of [...]
Known as the capital of the Scottish Highlands, Inverness is a lively city which has much to offer visitors and makes the perfect destination for a short break. The city has a real ‘buzz’ about it with fabulous places to eat and drink, excellent shopping opportunities and a real sense of history. Attractions in Inverness [...]
Guest post by Alexandra from Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler where she writes about crazy travel, fun adventures and sexy photos. You can find Alex also on blogs We Travel around the World and Fit when Traveling. Slovakia. Unfortunately many people will think of Russia or Czechoslovakia when hearing the word – some will have no [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...