We are always on the look-out for new ideas and concepts in the travel industry, and when we found out about CityHub we knew straight away that this was something out of the ordinary, and something we had to experience. During the past few years, the way people travel has changed drastically. Not only are [...]
Archive | Netherlands RSS feed for this section
We’re extremely late planners, and rarely book anything more than a couple of weeks in advance – so our trip from Bangkok to Amsterdam a few weeks ago was very much our typical last minute travel style, but since we have been to Amsterdam twice before the trip didn’t need much planning – this time we simply [...]
Recently Wimdu invited us to stay at one of the apartments listed on their site while in Amsterdam – which turned out to be a great alternative to the many overpriced and lousy hotels that are scattered over the city. While searching the website we found an amazing apartment close to Westerpark, an area we [...]
There are nearly as many bikes in Amsterdam as there are people – so there’s little excuse for not taking to two wheels to explore the city on a holiday here. Take a look at our guide to find out exactly where you should go on your bike. Vondelpark This is among the most popular [...]
As a modern, vibrant and diverse city Amsterdam will host many different festivals over the forthcoming year – this includes events dedicated to music, theatre, film and much more besides. If you’re planning a visit to Amsterdam in 2012 and want to go to a festival while you’re there, here’s a run-down of each month’s [...]
Our third stop during the Europe Train Challenge was one of our most loved cities in the world: Amsterdam. We have been to Amsterdam many times before, and every time we leave we find ourselves thinking: let’s come back here for a bit and live. The vibe, the city, the people – there is so much in Amsterdam to love. To read [...]
Every time I go back to Amsterdam I leave loving the city even more – it’s one of my favorite cities in Europe. It’s just such a spontaneous place, and it feels as if anything can happen here, but at the same time it feels… organized. For me, Amsterdam is the perfect example of organized [...]
Quick Facts Location: Netherlands Currency: Euro Language: Dutch Short history: Before turning into a major trade city, Amsterdam was a small fishing village. The Dutch people colonized the Indian islands and established a powerful trading imperium in the east. The prostitution started as the tired boatmen stayed over the night. A few lazy attempts to [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Stef: Hi Sofia, I loved Cairns, everyone should go and ...
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...