Before we traveled to Turin we knew very little about the city other than that it was known for its car production. Little did we know that Turin is also a foodie’s heaven, something that we discovered during our time there. Not many people seem to know about this great gastronomical treasure of northern Italy [...]
Archive | Italy RSS feed for this section
Some say that Turin is Italy’s most overlooked city, and until the Winter Olympics in 2006 few people thought of it as anything else than an industrial car city – they couldn’t be more wrong! Although Turin justifiably is known for its cars, there is so much more to the city than Fiat or Ferrari. [...]
Cinque Terre is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque areas in Italy, and it’s impossible not to be charmed by the colorful quaint villages clinging on to the rugged cliffs along the coast and its warm hospitable locals. Walking around the villages you can easily picture what it must have been like a hundred years [...]
Florence is more than just a beautiful Italian city; over the years it has been the birthplace of many very important people in history, from Donatello to Catherine de Medici. Although there are probably as many notable people who have hailed from this city as there are places to stay in Florence, let’s take a [...]
As soon as we arrived in Florence, we knew there was something unique about this city. Everything clicked – it was love at first sight. Florence had everything we had dreamed of Italy, from its gorgeous alleys and squares to the best gelato we had tasted in all of the country and very friendly people. [...]
Rome was once the centre of a vast empire that spread thousands of kilometres. While many of the empire’s cities have fallen and artifacts from the era have been destroyed, some are still intact in Rome. This makes Rome a perfect destination for those interested in the history of the Roman Empire, and a trip [...]
When landing at Bergamo airport the message was clear: take the next bus to Milan and leave this place ASAP. The push to get people to Milan started already in the air, where you could pre-purchase your bus tickets straight to Milan. When stepping out of the airport – which for the record is called [...]
After Portugal, we continued for a 4 day weekend getaway with Skyscanner to Bergamo, before continuing to our “final destination” Innsbruck, Austria. Flying “Everywhere” We often find it very time-consuming looking for good flight deals, especially when it doesn’t really matter where you go, only where you travel from. We experienced this problem again earlier [...]
After leaving Switzerland, it was time to jump back on the train and head to Venice, Italy. Venice is often referred to as “the sinking city” – a statement which is true, but there is also no major rush to visit before it’s too late, Venice has been sinking for the last 1,000 years. We enjoyed [...]
Venice is often referred to as “the sinking city” – a statement which is true, but there is also no major rush to visit before it’s too late, Venice has been sinking for the last 1,000 years. However, at the time they built the city, there was no such thing as global warming or tourists, [...]
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Red Hunt: I really enjoyed Stockholm's Archipelago too....b...
- Luxury Travels: Great selection of activities...St Lucia is truly ...
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...