This year we have been traveling around Europe very slowly and even more randomly – we stay in a country for a month or more, and make up our next step on a whim, often just days before our rent runs out and we need to pack up and leave. The first week in a [...]
Archive | France RSS feed for this section
So far, Lyon is my favorite city in France. It has all the benefits of a cosmopolitan city but it feels more like a small town and has a great laid-back atmosphere. Although there aren’t many attractions per se, it’s a wonderful city to just wander around in soaking up the atmosphere and all the [...]
Spanning 674, 843 km², France is one of the largest countries in Europe, divided into 26 different regions. Each one of these regions are unique and offer something unique and distinctive to that area. This diversity is what makes France such a great destination to travel to. One of the most popular areas is Normandy, [...]
Guest Post By Jeremy Head. As a child I spent many happy family holidays in France – living close to the south coast of the UK as we did, it was really easy to stick us kids in the car and catch a ferry from Dover to Calais, arriving on foreign soil ready to explore within a [...]
The Eiffel Tower is the tallest building in Paris (standing at 324 metres, roughly about the same height as an 81-storey building) and the most-visited paid monument in the world; with millions of visitors year round. Nicknamed La dame de fer or “the iron lady”, the tower is a puddle iron lattice tower located on the [...]
Ooh La La! The current show at Moulin Rouge Paris is the spectacular “Feerie”, an extravaganza of frothing feathers and shimmering sequins, long-legged dancers, acrobats, magicians, comics and clowns. If you are visiting the French capital don’t miss the chance to see this visually stunning show. It’s the quintessential Paris experience – however, you should [...]
Guest Post – Paris is like a gift wrapped in layer upon layer of attractive paper, each time you visit the French capital you remove another layer and find something else delightful underneath. Everyone has their own personal list of top things to do in Paris, here we include old favorites as well as new ideas for [...]
After rushing through Luxembourg, we really needed a few days rest – but since the crazy city of Paris was next on our route, we didn’t have time to rest … instead we spent a few days exploring Paris. It was great to finally visit all those attraction you had heard when you were younger: – The Eiffel Tower, [...]
Paris: the city of romance and baguettes, one of the most visited cities in the world – and we hadn’t been there yet … Paris is one of those places it feels as though you just NEED to visit. For some people, it doesn’t seem to matter that you’ve been to other French cities – [...]
- Top 5 Places To Visit In Florida June 19, 2013
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels In The Seychelles June 18, 2013
- 5 Quirky Places in the UK June 17, 2013
- 5 Scenic Drives in the UK June 16, 2013
- Why Send Your Kids To Summer Camp Abroad? June 15, 2013
- Must See West End Musicals This Summer! June 14, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Gypsy Traveller: Last year I was camp counselor in Switzerland. Def...
- Mark: Wow! That view of Haydon Bridge is a piece of heav...
- Becky Padmore: Any of those would do! They all look gorgeous :-)...
- Bruised Passports: That's quite a comprehensive list guys- our favou...
- OCDemon: I like the little models more than I like the actu...
- nicole | the wondernuts: Been wanting to see the fairy pools in Scotland fo...