This year, you’d be forgiven for thinking everything going on in Britain has something to do with the London Olympics – press coverage of the games has brought unprecedented worldwide attention to the city and, as so many people flock to the capital, it’s easy to forget just how much Britain has to offer beyond [...]
Archive | UK RSS feed for this section
With London being the focus of the world for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations for Queen Elizabeth II, many tourists may be considering a trip to the British Isles – this coupled with the Olympic Games being held in London this summer, tourists are bound to be flocking to the ‘Big Smoke’. Whilst London has a [...]
Many people living outside of Britain hold a certain image to the country and its inhabitants. It would be incredibly dismissive to quash these visions as untrue for outside visitors – but they’re definitely all not true for all parts of the UK. They say you should never meet your heroes as you will only [...]
Things To Do In York – England When you think of England, what do you think of? Narrow streets? Medieval Architecture? Dreaming spires? Whatever it is, you should visit York – you’ll see a taste of it all, and so much more. From the moment you step inside the city walls, despite all the signs of modern [...]
If you’re thinking about spending Christmas week somewhere exciting and beautiful or you’re looking for a short break away before Christmas, then Wales could be a great option for you. We’ve highlighted just some of the interesting traditions, events and plus points of taking a Christmas cottage holiday in Wales. Beautiful Welsh Countryside… Wales is [...]
Throughout the month of December Christmas markets spring up all over the UK, and are the perfect substitute to a romantic European holiday if you don’t have the time or the cash to head over to the continent. Lasting anywhere from a few days to 6 weeks these magical markets are a great place to [...]
There are many things to do in York, a city which can certainly be a captivating place to visit whether on a weekend city break or as part of a longer vacation. However, you shouldn’t fall into the trap of thinking that once the sun goes down that means the fun is over for the [...]
There’s never a dull moment for tourists wanting the best of what London has to offer. With plenty to see and do during the day and London nights out ranging from a cultured evening at the theatre to a full-on night on the tiles, it’s very easy for sightseers to quickly lose track of how [...]
Our second stop during the Europe Train Challenge was the wonderful city of London. We felt like London was a small town which had exploded with people, the buildings were cute, everything was close and we really felt at home even though everyone around us was sprinting around, stressed out of their minds. The fact [...]
What To Do In London – So you have a ticket to London, now what? London is a city that basically has it all, but for many it’s often hard to know where to begin. It has great shopping, beautiful architecture, awesome nightlife, parks, markets and lots of things to look at! A weekend in London [...]
- The Alsace Wine Route – Photo Essay June 20, 2013
- Top 5 Places To Visit In Florida June 19, 2013
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels In The Seychelles June 18, 2013
- 5 Quirky Places in the UK June 17, 2013
- 5 Scenic Drives in the UK June 16, 2013
- Why Send Your Kids To Summer Camp Abroad? June 15, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Jeremy: Saint Augustine is also a cool place to visit. It...
- Sofia: Glad you like them Mark!...
- Sofia: Glad to hear you like the list, and thanks for the...
- Sofia: Yeah, I was completely blown away by Scotland. Nev...
- Sofia: Great trip itinerary, those areas really are some ...
- Sofia: Asia is pretty hectic indeed, I think that's one ...