Some of my favorite places and attractions I remember from my travels are not the most famous ones that are high on every “must-visit” list online, but the small and quirky places that most guides don’t even bother to mention. While many travelers only pay attention to the most famous attractions, there are many quirky [...]
Archive | UK RSS feed for this section
It’s no secret that the UK has some of the most beautiful landscape, and together with its long history and charming culture it’s an amazing country to explore. The best way to make the most of your time is to explore the country by car, as you simply can’t reach and experience many of the [...]
Cornwall is steeped in history. There’s a wide selection of popular attractions that showcase the county’s ancient history, spanning across the ages. A lot of Cornish heritage locations are family friendly, and some are dog friendly too; making Cornwall’s history open to all! Cornish Stone Circles. Cornwall is an archaeologist’s haven! Many of the historic [...]
The summer brings with it many delights – the chance to shed a few cumbersome layers of clothing, time to be outdoors, the opportunity to catch up with friends who live just that bit too far away to visit in the blustery depths of winter and of course, food festivals! If you’re anything like us, [...]
Known as the capital of the Scottish Highlands, Inverness is a lively city which has much to offer visitors and makes the perfect destination for a short break. The city has a real ‘buzz’ about it with fabulous places to eat and drink, excellent shopping opportunities and a real sense of history. Attractions in Inverness [...]
It’s time for all love birds to start planning for the most romantic day of the year; Valentines day! But instead of showering each other with gifts and cards, why not get away from the whole commercialized event and experience something together, go somewhere romantic and enjoy some couples-time? Let’s leave the cliché destinations of [...]
Cornwall is famous the world over as the home of pasties and the cream tea, but this green and magical county has heaps more to offer. From wonderful hiking, to great cultural events and the chance for true adventure – you’ll have plenty to keep you happy on a holiday to Cornwall. Take a look [...]
It comes as no surprise that many holidaymakers choose sunny Cornwall for their summer holiday year after year. With 250 miles of coastline and almost 200 beaches, you’ll be spoilt for choice in Cornwall with tiny rocky coves and vast expanses of golden sand to tempt you. But, with so much choice, it’s tricky to [...]
Getting in touch with the history of a city is often times easiest when viewed through a stained glass window – if you’re looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the High Street, then take a tour of Bristol’s most ancient and awe inspiring churches … St Mary Redcliffe Church Described by [...]
Guest post by Jim Stevens - Many of those who’ve never been to Newcastle think that the city is all about coal and industry, in other words: not much fun… But Newcastle has changed a lot during the years, and has turned into a really cool, stylish urban city perfect for travelers looking for some awesome [...]
- Top 5 Places To Visit In Florida June 19, 2013
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels In The Seychelles June 18, 2013
- 5 Quirky Places in the UK June 17, 2013
- 5 Scenic Drives in the UK June 16, 2013
- Why Send Your Kids To Summer Camp Abroad? June 15, 2013
- Must See West End Musicals This Summer! June 14, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Mark: Wow! That view of Haydon Bridge is a piece of heav...
- Becky Padmore: Any of those would do! They all look gorgeous :-)...
- Bruised Passports: That's quite a comprehensive list guys- our favou...
- OCDemon: I like the little models more than I like the actu...
- nicole | the wondernuts: Been wanting to see the fairy pools in Scotland fo...
- Debbie @ European Travelista: I'd love a drive through the English countryside....