With over 245 kilometers of slopes covering 900 hectares, the Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000 is a huge playground for ski and snowboard lovers – and we had two days to make the most of it. Our first ski destination was the Hintertux Glacier: an area known for its year-round skiing and an altitude [...]
Archive | Austria RSS feed for this section
There are two things associated with Salzburg: the all-time classic movie “The Sound of Music”, and the legendary composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – and while “The Sound of Music” has some epic scenes shot in Salzburg, and Mozart really fits into the spirit of Salzburg, there is more to this city than just that. Nevertheless, Mozart [...]
After our trip to Bergamo in Italy, we continued with Skyscanner to Innsbruck in Austria, our final destination - Innsbruck is an old city surrounded by the Austrian alps, and it really is the perfect city for a wonderful weekend getaway! Check out our video from a day exploring Innsbruck below: You can read more about [...]
After spending 1 month in Innsbruck we realized the city didn’t want us hanging around anymore – it was kicking us out! Having to take care of thousands of new students desperate for a place to stay, Innsbruck simply didn’t have time to deal with us as well. So after two full weeks of apartment [...]
After Portugal, we continued for a 4 day weekend getaway with Skyscanner to Bergamo, before continuing to our “final destination” Innsbruck, Austria. Flying “Everywhere” We often find it very time-consuming looking for good flight deals, especially when it doesn’t really matter where you go, only where you travel from. We experienced this problem again earlier [...]
Guest Post By: Britta Pichler is an American expatriate currently living in Vienna, Austria – see her blog at op-expat.com. On the surface Vienna is elegant, traditional, and slow moving – however, dig a little deeper and you’ll find that it’s also bohemian, trendy, and a place to party all night long. Vienna’s elegance and tradition are [...]
What was supposed to be a comfortable 1.5 hr train ride through the Alps to Innsbruck, instead turned out to be a 5 hour train ride in the wrong direction… Because of an avalanche on the track the train had to take a ridiculously long way around, going in the completely wrong direction (via Munich). [...]
Nathan and I both have a MASSIVE crush on Austria – last time we were there we spent some time in the countryside, up in the alps, and we fell in love with the country straight away. The snowy alps with year-round skiing, the green valleys and turquoise lakes, and Vienna with its amazing historical [...]
Nathan and I both have a MASSIVE crush on Austria – last time we were there we spent some time on the countryside, up in the alps and in the cities, and we fell in love with the country straight away. The snowy alps with year-round skiing, the green valleys and turquoise lakes, and Vienna [...]
Things To Do In Vienna is such a romantic city, not only does it have the most romantic history, but with so many white buildings, picturesque coffee shops, wineries, beautiful parks and old castles it makes this place perfect for a romantic weekend, even for budget travelers. Staying in Vienna is cheaper than most other capital cities in…
- Top 5 Places To Visit In Florida June 19, 2013
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels In The Seychelles June 18, 2013
- 5 Quirky Places in the UK June 17, 2013
- 5 Scenic Drives in the UK June 16, 2013
- Why Send Your Kids To Summer Camp Abroad? June 15, 2013
- Must See West End Musicals This Summer! June 14, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Mark: Wow! That view of Haydon Bridge is a piece of heav...
- Becky Padmore: Any of those would do! They all look gorgeous :-)...
- Bruised Passports: That's quite a comprehensive list guys- our favou...
- OCDemon: I like the little models more than I like the actu...
- nicole | the wondernuts: Been wanting to see the fairy pools in Scotland fo...
- Debbie @ European Travelista: I'd love a drive through the English countryside....