Before we traveled to Turin we knew very little about the city other than that it was known for its car production. Little did we know that Turin is also a foodie’s heaven, something that we discovered during our time there. Not many people seem to know about this great gastronomical treasure of northern Italy [...]
Archive | Europe RSS feed for this section
Some say that Turin is Italy’s most overlooked city, and until the Winter Olympics in 2006 few people thought of it as anything else than an industrial car city – they couldn’t be more wrong! Although Turin justifiably is known for its cars, there is so much more to the city than Fiat or Ferrari. [...]
Lanzarote is a beautiful volcanic island off the coast of western Africa, belonging to Spain – it’s known as the island of eternal spring thanks to its year-round mild climates, which is also one of the reasons people love to go there. But there is much more to Lanzarote than great weather. Here are some [...]
Cinque Terre is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque areas in Italy, and it’s impossible not to be charmed by the colorful quaint villages clinging on to the rugged cliffs along the coast and its warm hospitable locals. Walking around the villages you can easily picture what it must have been like a hundred years [...]
Florence is more than just a beautiful Italian city; over the years it has been the birthplace of many very important people in history, from Donatello to Catherine de Medici. Although there are probably as many notable people who have hailed from this city as there are places to stay in Florence, let’s take a [...]
As soon as we arrived in Florence, we knew there was something unique about this city. Everything clicked – it was love at first sight. Florence had everything we had dreamed of Italy, from its gorgeous alleys and squares to the best gelato we had tasted in all of the country and very friendly people. [...]
Spanning 674, 843 km², France is one of the largest countries in Europe, divided into 26 different regions. Each one of these regions are unique and offer something unique and distinctive to that area. This diversity is what makes France such a great destination to travel to. One of the most popular areas is Normandy, [...]
While many places around the world are becoming more and more similar to each other – strange places fascinate and stick out even more. I love visiting strange places because I always feel like I learn something from them, and one of the places I’ve wanted to visit ever since I heard about it was [...]
With over 245 kilometers of slopes covering 900 hectares, the Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000 is a huge playground for ski and snowboard lovers – and we had two days to make the most of it. Our first ski destination was the Hintertux Glacier: an area known for its year-round skiing and an altitude [...]
There are two things associated with Salzburg: the all-time classic movie “The Sound of Music”, and the legendary composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – and while “The Sound of Music” has some epic scenes shot in Salzburg, and Mozart really fits into the spirit of Salzburg, there is more to this city than just that. Nevertheless, Mozart [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...