Earlier this year we traveled to Sri Lanka, a country full of beauty and adventure – we had heard about the beautiful view of the sunrise from the top of a sacred mountain called Adam’s Peak – and decided to join thousands of pilgrims on their pilgrimage to the peak. Being a holy place for both Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians, Adam’s [...]
Archive | Sri Lanka RSS feed for this section
Sri Lanka is a beautiful place to visit with its lush hill districts, fascinating temples and delicious food – but compared to other nearby countries like India, Sri Lanka can seem quite expensive. However, there are ways to stay on a budget and still enjoy the country… Here are five budget-friendly tips for those visiting [...]
Earlier this year we spent 3 weeks traveling around Sri Lanka, a country with incredible diverse nature and the most charming people. Sri Lanka is so full of surprises and experiences, there are so many things to see and do there that we didn’t feel that 3 weeks was enough. Here is a video we made [...]
After spending three weeks in Sri Lanka, we left the country with many new impressions and experiences. Sri Lanka had given us so many contrasting experiences, and the charismatic people we had met along the way had given us different insights into the country and its people. It was interesting to see how this country [...]
Sri Lanka’s hill country is unbelievably beautiful, with lush green forest, abundant wild life, tea plantations and countless waterfalls. Exploring the hill country of Sri Lanka is a must when visiting the country, and here are some of the best places to start with… Kandy – Gateway To The Hill-Country Kandy is the cultural and [...]
Theva Residency – A Haven In Kandy! As the bright red three-wheeler slowly made its way up the steep hill, we left the noisy, bustling city of Kandy behind to stay at Theva Residency - a boutique hotel catering for people looking for pure relaxation and an amazing view. We were exhausted after climbing Adam’s Peak the [...]
Places To Visit In Sri Lanka – Exploring The Coast Sri Lanka’s coast line is among some of the most beautiful we’ve seen, and we really wish we could have stayed there much longer – there are many amazing beaches south of Colombo – with spice gardens and turtle sanctuaries to visit along the way. [...]
We had just arrived in the sleepy beach town of Hikkaduwa in Sri Lanka, and crashed on the bed exhausted after a long day of traveling from Colombo & taking one of the many cheap international flights from Germany. “Are you shaking the bed?” Nathan suddenly asked me- I wasn’t, but I could feel the whole ground [...]
Sri Lanka is a country famous for its spicy food and varied cuisine, and while you could write a whole book about the food in Sri Lanka, we shouldn’t forget the drinks in Sri Lanka! Sri Lanka is a perfect destination for those looking for cheap holidays, and since food and drinks in Sri Lanka cost [...]
We knew that D-Day (Day of Decision Making) would come sooner or later, but like always we kept avoiding it by having “more important things to think about” – which led to us being just as late in our planning as always – somehow we always manage to leave these things to the very last [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Stef: Hi Sofia, I loved Cairns, everyone should go and ...
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...