Guest Post: Ancient temples, archaeological ruins and floating gardens are just the beginning of what you will find in Burma (Myanmar) – a beautiful and enigmatic destination in Southeast Asia. From the modern capital of Yangon to the idyllic waterfront villages on Lake Inle, Burma is rich in cultural diversity and timeless traditions. If you are planning [...]
Archive | Asia RSS feed for this section
A few weeks ago – we were sitting in a colorful Trishaw (bicycle taxi), touring the streets of Georgetown in Penang while filming a new travel episode and chitchatting with the old wrinkled man behind us pushing the bike. In reality, it would have been faster to simply walk, so it was a little funny to see [...]
The best way to describe what the Eastern & Oriental Express was really like is to simply show you – after all, don’t they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Below we have put together a photo essay to showcase the best of our train trip (you will even see us dressed to [...]
Eastern And Oriental Express – A Journey Like No Other After a couple of days enjoying the best of Singapore, we had the pleasure of traveling on the Eastern and Oriental Express up to Bangkok – the train took us through the jungles of Malaysia and rice fields of Thailand during 3 luxurious and unforgettable days. [...]
During our week in Singapore, we found it to be a very exciting place to visit. The country has gone to many lengths to encourage tourists to visit, and since everything was so easy to reach you could manage to do a lot of things in a short period of time – in other words, [...]
Dorms are not exactly known to give you much privacy – you sleep together with a bunch of strangers in squeaky bunk beds while someone else’s sweaty feet climb the little ladder on the side of the bed next to your face, and wherever you look you’re facing someone else in a bed in front [...]
This is our first time in Southeast Asia during the off season – we discussed many the many pros and cons before finally deciding to go – one of the cons involved was the weather – what would Southeast Asia be like during the off season? Last time we traveled to a hot country during [...]
Centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, you’ll find The Nest Guesthouse, one of the top rated B&B’s in the city. The reason why people like this place so much, is simple: the owners have truly understood what it takes to make their guests feel comfortable and enjoy their stay. “One of the most [...]
Admiring the most iconic building in Kuala Lumpur – the Petronas Towers, while at the same time floating on your back in an infinity pool, just doesn’t make any sense – it simply would be too good to be true. Or, so we thought… While searching for an apartment in Kuala Lumpur on Roomorama.com, we managed [...]
After spending three weeks in Sri Lanka, we left the country with many new impressions and experiences. Sri Lanka had given us so many contrasting experiences, and the charismatic people we had met along the way had given us different insights into the country and its people. It was interesting to see how this country [...]
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Red Hunt: I really enjoyed Stockholm's Archipelago too....b...
- Luxury Travels: Great selection of activities...St Lucia is truly ...
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...