This lady sitting in her bamboo hut in Laos waved to us to come closer. The way they wave in Laos is the complete opposite from in Europe, so at first we thought she was waving for us to go away, which was confusing because she had the biggest smile in her face. It turned out [...]
Archive | Laos RSS feed for this section
We spent about a month in Laos, traveling from the northern most part of the country in Luang Nam Tha all the way down to the 4000 islands in the south. Just like the roads in Laos, our trip was an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs, but even though we have had a lot of [...]
“I’d say from Vientiane and down to the 4000 islands – you can skip it all!“. That was the opinion of a girl we met both in northern Laos and again down in the 4000 islands, and it’s the biggest joke I’ve ever heard. If you don’t step off the highway 13 route, then yes she’s [...]
(note: The photos and videos we took really showed the craziness of it all, but since we lost everything we can’t show you. These photos are not our own, but still give you an idea of what it was like, although the crowds of tourists seem to have more than doubled since they were taken!) [...]
Despite being the capital of Laos, Vientiane doesn’t have much to brag about – most people try not to get stuck here, but for different reasons, many people pass through and stay for a night or two. Fortunately, it’s quite a nice place to find yourself in. So whether you come by to wait for a [...]
I found the Lao people to be the most fascinating part of traveling through Laos. I was happily surprised to see how rich their culture was and how so many people were still living according to their old traditions. Laos is NOT known as the land of smiles, but the people here are still so [...]
Laos was a crazy few weeks – we explored some amazing ethnic villages up in Luang Nam Tha – held on for dear life during over 30 hours of crazy bus trips up and down the steep mountains in northern Laos … BUT worst of all was the fact that we lost over 400 gig and 2 months [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...