Bewitchingly beautiful and exotic, Vietnam’s Halong Bay lying in the Gulf of Tonkin offers a breathtaking variety of natural attractions, historical sites, scenic beaches and nearly 2000 islets and limestone karsts (landscapes recognizable by caves, sinkholes and drainage systems existing under the ground). Caves and Grottoes One of the more popular UNESCO World Heritage sites, [...]
Archive | Asia RSS feed for this section
Guest post by Jason Laloux: From spectacular beaches to majestic temples and unique cultural displays, Bali is a favoured destination for travelers in search of something exotic. This Indonesian province encompasses the isle of Bali as well as a few neighbouring islands, and is home to most of the country’s Hindu minority. Bali is treasured for its rich culture, with [...]
Earlier this year we traveled to Sri Lanka, a country full of beauty and adventure – we had heard about the beautiful view of the sunrise from the top of a sacred mountain called Adam’s Peak – and decided to join thousands of pilgrims on their pilgrimage to the peak. Being a holy place for both Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians, Adam’s [...]
When planning a trip to beautiful Thailand, choosing which sites you’ll visit while there is just the start – in addition to brushing up a bit on the language, you’ll need to know a little about the culture too. To make your stay in Phuket completely enjoyable, take a few moments to go over everything [...]
Earlier this year we had the opportunity to travel on the Eastern and Oriental Express from Singapore to Bangkok – the 3-day trip was one of pure indulgence with good food, beautiful views and 5-star service! It’s a beautiful train and a trip of a lifetime, and we made a short video summing up our [...]
Sri Lanka is a beautiful place to visit with its lush hill districts, fascinating temples and delicious food – but compared to other nearby countries like India, Sri Lanka can seem quite expensive. However, there are ways to stay on a budget and still enjoy the country… Here are five budget-friendly tips for those visiting [...]
Earlier this year we spent 3 weeks traveling around Sri Lanka, a country with incredible diverse nature and the most charming people. Sri Lanka is so full of surprises and experiences, there are so many things to see and do there that we didn’t feel that 3 weeks was enough. Here is a video we made [...]
With the overwhelming number of Wats, it comes as no surprise that Chiang Mai has very strong Buddhist traditions, and temples have become a very important part of peoples’ lives in the city. Many temples act as community centers, and they are also very popular places for people to go to just relax, sit down [...]
We had about a month left in Malaysia before our trip down to Singapore in June and needed to find a place where we could relax and work for a while. Melaka turned out to be the perfect place for this, and we ended up staying there for the whole month – with it becoming [...]
Health tourism is becoming increasingly popular as people are realizing that traveling abroad can actually save you more money than getting the treatment in your own country. Walking down the streets of Chiang Mai, it’s hard to avoid seeing all the signs and shops offering amazing deals for all sorts of health treatments – so [...]
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, Uk May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...