Nothing looks more peaceful and freeing than a sailboat slowly fading into the horizon as the sun sets over calm blue waters. Whenever I visit my parents in Sweden I love to go down to the harbor in the afternoon and sit down on the rocks watching sailboats leave, wondering what big adventure they might [...]
Archive | Destinations RSS feed for this section
St Lucia is a beautiful Caribbean island that is famous for its romantic atmosphere and is very popular with honeymooners. It has an air of exclusivity and seems to remain undiscovered and unspoilt. If you want a bit of excitement thrown in along with a bit of lying around the pool, then check out the [...]
Guest post by Sharon Walters: Montreal is one of the most picturesque cities in Canada and it dazzles with its European-style architecture and hundreds of years of history. Summer is a great time to visit, as the city will be bustling with festivals, events and great food. The temperature will be warm and the sun [...]
Before we traveled to Turin we knew very little about the city other than that it was known for its car production. Little did we know that Turin is also a foodie’s heaven, something that we discovered during our time there. Not many people seem to know about this great gastronomical treasure of northern Italy [...]
India is a country full of life, delicious food and colorful places – some, however, are more colorful than others… The Rajasthan state of India is especially colorful, with several cities nicknamed for its bright painted buildings, as well as others known for its delicious sweets and romantic atmosphere… Jodhpur – The Blue City Looking [...]
Some say that Turin is Italy’s most overlooked city, and until the Winter Olympics in 2006 few people thought of it as anything else than an industrial car city – they couldn’t be more wrong! Although Turin justifiably is known for its cars, there is so much more to the city than Fiat or Ferrari. [...]
Lanzarote is a beautiful volcanic island off the coast of western Africa, belonging to Spain – it’s known as the island of eternal spring thanks to its year-round mild climates, which is also one of the reasons people love to go there. But there is much more to Lanzarote than great weather. Here are some [...]
There are many unusual holiday destinations that once were the privilege of pioneers, and those brave or crazy enough to venture onto the rugged shores. Nowadays the sky is the limit – well, either that or your budget..! But let’s forget about the budgeting and dream for a bit, after all the stuff that doesn’t [...]
I LOVE traditional festivals – they are some of the best and most fun ways to experience a new country and get an insight into its culture and traditions – in India, countless festivals are held throughout the year, and during these events the country becomes even brighter and more vibrant than ever. Here are [...]
Cinque Terre is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque areas in Italy, and it’s impossible not to be charmed by the colorful quaint villages clinging on to the rugged cliffs along the coast and its warm hospitable locals. Walking around the villages you can easily picture what it must have been like a hundred years [...]
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, Uk May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...