Guest Post By: Britta Pichler is an American expatriate currently living in Vienna, Austria – see her blog at op-expat.com. On the surface Vienna is elegant, traditional, and slow moving – however, dig a little deeper and you’ll find that it’s also bohemian, trendy, and a place to party all night long. Vienna’s elegance and tradition are [...]
Archive | City Guides RSS feed for this section
New York is a city famous for so many things, which is the reason why it’s one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. One of these reasons is undoubtedly the food, which, some say, is the best in the world. As well as being famous, New York is also big, meaning there [...]
There are many things to do in York, a city which can certainly be a captivating place to visit whether on a weekend city break or as part of a longer vacation. However, you shouldn’t fall into the trap of thinking that once the sun goes down that means the fun is over for the [...]
With the buzz of the World Cup last year, Cape Town welcomed many new visitors from around the world and re-established itself as a great place for tourists to explore. While it has been a firm favorite for many Europeans seeking to escape the depths of winter, the World Cup opened many travellers’ eyes to the natural [...]
What To Do In London – So you have a ticket to London, now what? London is a city that basically has it all, but for many it’s often hard to know where to begin. It has great shopping, beautiful architecture, awesome nightlife, parks, markets and lots of things to look at! A weekend in London [...]
Dublin has the best of both a small town and cosmopolitan city: It has the great easy going people you can only find in small towns, but the variety of nightlife you only find in big cosmopolitan cities. You can easily spend a week here strolling around, talking to people and enjoying the ‘happenings’ in town – [...]
“I’d say from Vientiane and down to the 4000 islands – you can skip it all!“. That was the opinion of a girl we met both in northern Laos and again down in the 4000 islands, and it’s the biggest joke I’ve ever heard. If you don’t step off the highway 13 route, then yes she’s [...]
Despite being the capital of Laos, Vientiane doesn’t have much to brag about – most people try not to get stuck here, but for different reasons, many people pass through and stay for a night or two. Fortunately, it’s quite a nice place to find yourself in. So whether you come by to wait for a [...]
Africa is a continent bursting with possibilities for travel: diverse cultures, fascinating histories and vibrant communities. Among the main reasons to travel in Africa are the breathtaking wildlife and natural beauty, the adventure and romance of safari, the deserts, jungles, mountains, and delight of the glittering …
Attractions And Things To Do In Queenstown, New Zealand Location: South West of New Zealand’s South Island Currency: NZD, New Zealand Dollars Language: English Short History: Before the Europeans settled in Queenstown, the Maori used to visit seasonally to hunt Moa (an extinct bird) and gather green stone. When gold was discovered in the Arrow [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel