Today marks the 3rd anniversary of As We Travel – yes we started this blog way back on the 1st of Feb, 2010! It feels like these past 3 years have gone by so quickly and yet we’ve experienced and learned so much since we started blogging – when we began this journey 3 years [...]
Archive | Personal Travel News RSS feed for this section
So, remember a few articles ago when we said we had moved to Norway to settle down for 6 months? Well, that turned out to be a bit of a mistake … We shouldn’t really blame Norway itself because there was nothing wrong with the country, except it really wasn’t the best place for us at [...]
It has been 4 years since I asked Nathan to join me on a round-the-world trip, and so much has changed since we left with our massive backpacks and butterflies in our stomachs. Although we really weren’t ready, we loved every bit of our first trip and didn’t want it to end, so already 2 [...]
After spending 1 month in Innsbruck we realized the city didn’t want us hanging around anymore – it was kicking us out! Having to take care of thousands of new students desperate for a place to stay, Innsbruck simply didn’t have time to deal with us as well. So after two full weeks of apartment [...]
Most of you probably noticed that AsWeTravel has been offline a lot during the past 4-5 days, and we really apologize for that! It might look as though it happened all of the sudden, but the truth is that the site has been dying a very slow and painful death during the past six months, something we’ve [...]
Traveling to South East Asia this time around was a very spontaneous thing – we simply made the decision one day while in Germany, bought the tickets, and a week or so later we were off. It has been a fun trip, although quite different from how we used to travel. This time, our purpose [...]
Well, what can I say other than that this year’s travel plans didn’t really turn out at all as planned. Just a month ago I was expecting a whole different turn to the year, but as everything in life, things always change – so I guess we will see how close to these plans we [...]
It almost feels like a lifetime has passed since we started AsWeTravel.com exactly two years ago today – so much has happened in our lives since then. Last year we posted a blog about some of the things we learned from our first year of blogging, in the hopes that you might learn something from our experiences [...]
A few weeks ago we talked about settling down somewhere for a while, but we couldn’t quite decide where. Well, it is now official: We will be moving to the winter wonderland of Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany – tomorrow! As much as we love Asia, sun and warm weather – this just feels so right, and we [...]
Simply put, we feel that it’s time for a change. Our lives, As We Travel.com, and our way of traveling – will be taking a new turn during the next 6 months. We’ve been traveling pretty much full-time for the last 2 years, to over 45 countries, and are starting to long for a place [...]
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Choose An Apartment Over A Hotel May 15, 2013
- Exploring The Colors And Flavors Of Rajasthan May 14, 2013
- 5 Things To Do In Turin, Italy May 12, 2013
- Things To Do In Lanzarote May 11, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Danny Selvag: Great list! And as the others said, thx for the ti...
- Travel Musts: I will be in Lanzarote this summer! I have always ...
- Peter Lee: Hahahaha...wrinkle free skirts for girls, Good one...
- Jeremy: I just started a 5 month trip and I can't wait to...
- Tracey Croke: Agree food and cost are the top considerations but...
- Agness: I love road trips the most. Remember my last one t...