Lanzarote is a beautiful volcanic island off the coast of western Africa, belonging to Spain – it’s known as the island of eternal spring thanks to its year-round mild climates, which is also one of the reasons people love to go there. But there is much more to Lanzarote than great weather. Here are some [...]
Archive | Spain RSS feed for this section
Guest Post by By Derin Clarke: Today, Tenerife is a firm favourite with package holidaying makers – its promise of sun, sea, cheap beer and quality fry ups makes it an alluring destination for Brits wanting to escape – but in its not so distant past, Tenerife was far from the holiday camp it now is. [...]
Spain’s fantastic cities offer some of the best weekend trips in Europe – it’s easy to spend a sunny holiday in Spain lolling on the beach or exploring historic sites and cobbled alleyways, and lively evenings hopping between tapas bars and clubs until long after bedtime. However, Spain is also home to some of the [...]
Barcelona is one of the most amazing artistic and architectural cities in the world. From the famous fairytale architecture of Antonio Gaudi to the masterpieces of world-known artists such as Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso, Barcelona has earned its place as a trophy-city of cultural achievement – don’t forget to book in advance to reserve Airport [...]
Guest Post by Tom Bourlet. Menorca’s cuisine is a blend of classic Spanish dishes and foods absorbed through two thousand years of international influence. So there’s certainly no shortage of great food to try in Menorca, and while real home cooking has reduced in popularity in response to busier lifestyles, in recent years efforts have been [...]
Malaga is a large city in the southern Spanish region of Andalucia and capital of the Malaga Province – the largest city on the Costa del Sol, Malaga offers beaches, hiking, architectural sites, art museums, excellent shopping and cuisine, which can turn into a very expensive vacation if you are not prepared. So, firstly make [...]
Things To Do In Madrid, Spain - Madrid is a vibrant city with huge contrasts and diversity; 17th century buildings line up along cobble stoned lanes, next to sky scrapers and wide shopping boulevards, the bullfight traditions live on together with gay pride festivals. The list of things to do in Madrid is endless, but we’ll [...]
There has been a long standing rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid, not only between locals but also between loyal visitors who all praise that their favorite is better than the other for one reason or another. So let’s stir it up a bit and compare the cities with this cool infographic from HostelBookers – where [...]
Salamanca is a great place to visit in Spain – for those who are learning or want to learn Spanish, Spain is the natural choice, whether just for a visit or to live, but instead of opting for the typical cities such as Barcelona and Madrid, why not go to a city like Salamanca? There you [...]
Costa Blanca, translated to “the white coast”, is nicknamed after its 200 km long coast line with countless, never-ending white sandy beaches, and is one of the most heavily visited areas in the whole of Europe. While it’s not something for “off-the-beaten-path” kind of people, it’s definitely popular for a reason. If you’re into sunbathing [...]
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Choose An Apartment Over A Hotel May 15, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...
- Sofia: Going for a hotel is often much easier, and I agre...