While many places around the world are becoming more and more similar to each other – strange places fascinate and stick out even more. I love visiting strange places because I always feel like I learn something from them, and one of the places I’ve wanted to visit ever since I heard about it was [...]
Archive | Czech Republic RSS feed for this section
Known as the “Golden City of 100 Spires” and a “Symphony in Stone”, Prague is one of Europe’s best preserved cities – unlike most of the other major cities in Europe, Prague managed to escape the devastating bombs of WWII. The reason for this is that Prague was one of Hitler’s absolute favorite cities. Apparently Hitler intended [...]
Prague is a lovely city full of history, architecture and that grittiness that can only be described as charming – it’s perfect for a weekend getaway at any time of the year, and there is a lot to see and do. Here are 13 of our top picks of things to do in Prague … [...]
We had been told that being a vegetarian in Prague would be boring and even difficult, so imagine our surprise when Prague turned out to have some of the best vegetarian restaurants we’ve been to in Europe. Walking down the streets of Prague you won’t find a single vegetarian item on the normal menus (except [...]
Home to some of the most beautiful Baroque and Cubist architecture to be found in Europe as well as some of the finest pale beers, the Czech Republic has seen a boom in tourism since the ‘Velvet Revolution’ of the late 80s saw the country cut its ties with Communist Russia. Recently, it’s been struggling [...]
I knew that Prague was a place many travelers visit on their Europe trips, but I never expected it to be such a difference from any other beautiful neighboring city like Vienna, or Budapest. One of our favorite moments after having explored the medieval squares, gothic architecture and beer, was to cross the river to [...]
The first thing that surprised us when we arrived at the train station in Prague was the size of the station: it was massive and felt more like an airport than simply a train station. Who would have thought that you could learn so much about a city by just looking at the train station? [...]
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Choose An Apartment Over A Hotel May 15, 2013
- Exploring The Colors And Flavors Of Rajasthan May 14, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...
- Sofia: Going for a hotel is often much easier, and I agre...
- Sofia: Yeah that's so true, the recommendations you get ...