When planning a trip to beautiful Thailand, choosing which sites you’ll visit while there is just the start – in addition to brushing up a bit on the language, you’ll need to know a little about the culture too. To make your stay in Phuket completely enjoyable, take a few moments to go over everything [...]
Archive | Thailand RSS feed for this section
Earlier this year we had the opportunity to travel on the Eastern and Oriental Express from Singapore to Bangkok – the 3-day trip was one of pure indulgence with good food, beautiful views and 5-star service! It’s a beautiful train and a trip of a lifetime, and we made a short video summing up our [...]
With the overwhelming number of Wats, it comes as no surprise that Chiang Mai has very strong Buddhist traditions, and temples have become a very important part of peoples’ lives in the city. Many temples act as community centers, and they are also very popular places for people to go to just relax, sit down [...]
Health tourism is becoming increasingly popular as people are realizing that traveling abroad can actually save you more money than getting the treatment in your own country. Walking down the streets of Chiang Mai, it’s hard to avoid seeing all the signs and shops offering amazing deals for all sorts of health treatments – so [...]
The best way to describe what the Eastern & Oriental Express was really like is to simply show you – after all, don’t they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Below we have put together a photo essay to showcase the best of our train trip (you will even see us dressed to [...]
Eastern And Oriental Express – A Journey Like No Other After a couple of days enjoying the best of Singapore, we had the pleasure of traveling on the Eastern and Oriental Express up to Bangkok – the train took us through the jungles of Malaysia and rice fields of Thailand during 3 luxurious and unforgettable days. [...]
Only a year has passed since we last visited Thailand, and in a few weeks we’re already going back for more - Thailand is a country that people either love or hate, and regardless of which, nobody leaves without an opinion. Many of the people I know have either never gone on holidays to Thailand, or they [...]
When you think of Thailand, I bet one of the first things that come to your mind are long, white sandy beaches and those beautiful long-tail boats with colorful cloths tied to the front. You would be forgiven to think that life is a beach in Thailand, but there is so much more to the [...]
When a new boat gets launched into the river or ocean in western countries we have a ceremony of breaking a champagne bottle. In Thailand they tie colorful cloth instead. At the beginning of each season the long-tail boat owners bring colorful cloths to tie to the front of the boat for good luck and ask [...]
Although we had heard mixed reviews about Phuket Island, my sister and I decided that the luscious looking beaches far outweighed the horror stories of Ping-Pong shows and the somewhat seedier side of the place. In hindsight i’m so glad that photos of the beautiful shore made such an impression, as we had an absolutely [...]
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Choose An Apartment Over A Hotel May 15, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...
- Sofia: Going for a hotel is often much easier, and I agre...