Earlier this year we had the opportunity to travel on the Eastern and Oriental Express from Singapore to Bangkok – the 3-day trip was one of pure indulgence with good food, beautiful views and 5-star service! It’s a beautiful train and a trip of a lifetime, and we made a short video summing up our [...]
Archive | Malaysia RSS feed for this section
We had about a month left in Malaysia before our trip down to Singapore in June and needed to find a place where we could relax and work for a while. Melaka turned out to be the perfect place for this, and we ended up staying there for the whole month – with it becoming [...]
A few weeks ago – we were sitting in a colorful Trishaw (bicycle taxi), touring the streets of Georgetown in Penang while filming a new travel episode and chitchatting with the old wrinkled man behind us pushing the bike. In reality, it would have been faster to simply walk, so it was a little funny to see [...]
The best way to describe what the Eastern & Oriental Express was really like is to simply show you – after all, don’t they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Below we have put together a photo essay to showcase the best of our train trip (you will even see us dressed to [...]
Eastern And Oriental Express – A Journey Like No Other After a couple of days enjoying the best of Singapore, we had the pleasure of traveling on the Eastern and Oriental Express up to Bangkok – the train took us through the jungles of Malaysia and rice fields of Thailand during 3 luxurious and unforgettable days. [...]
Centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, you’ll find The Nest Guesthouse, one of the top rated B&B’s in the city. The reason why people like this place so much, is simple: the owners have truly understood what it takes to make their guests feel comfortable and enjoy their stay. “One of the most [...]
Admiring the most iconic building in Kuala Lumpur – the Petronas Towers, while at the same time floating on your back in an infinity pool, just doesn’t make any sense – it simply would be too good to be true. Or, so we thought… While searching for an apartment in Kuala Lumpur on Roomorama.com, we managed [...]
This was our second visit to Malaysia, and it was a lot of fun returning to a place two years later to see if our impressions were different this time around. It became clear to me that many of my past experiences from the country had more to do with myself than anything else. Last [...]
Penang Food – Penang is famous for many things, but the reason we wanted to go there was simple: the Penang Food was supposedly amazing. When we heard this we were sold, and left Thailand to indulge in Indian curries for one fifth of the price in Penang. What makes Penang a food heaven are [...]
Malaysia is a country where you will find an obvious West /East meeting point – combine the two and you get a crazy mixture – where Dutch clogs go with Indian curry and Portuguese churches. It is a total mix of both the best and the worst of each culture, and you either hate it [...]
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Choose An Apartment Over A Hotel May 15, 2013
- Exploring The Colors And Flavors Of Rajasthan May 14, 2013
- 5 Things To Do In Turin, Italy May 12, 2013
- Things To Do In Lanzarote May 11, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Danny Selvag: Great list! And as the others said, thx for the ti...
- Travel Musts: I will be in Lanzarote this summer! I have always ...
- Peter Lee: Hahahaha...wrinkle free skirts for girls, Good one...
- Jeremy: I just started a 5 month trip and I can't wait to...
- Tracey Croke: Agree food and cost are the top considerations but...
- Agness: I love road trips the most. Remember my last one t...