Belgium is the perfect country to explore on a one or two week holiday – its rather small size means you will spend less time traveling and have more time left over to actually explore the places you’re visiting. You can easily get around the country in a small car like the MINI Cooper Hatchback [...]
Author Archive | Sofia
Many people have heard of the world famous La Tomatina festival where you throw tomatoes on each other, but few know that it’s far from the only food battle festival in the country. Spain is simply the king of food wars, with celebrations throughout the year using everything from grapes to flour and even eggs [...]
Lyon is one of the most beautiful and atmospheric cities in France where past and present, old traditions and new trends live side by side and add a quirky touch to the city. We spent two weeks staying in an apartment in Vieux Lyon (old town), and had a chance to see the city from [...]
With vineyards on rolling hills that stretch into the horizon, small medieval villages scattered in the region and castles and forts perched on top of small mountains, the French Alsace is among the world’s most picturesque wine regions. When I first arrived in Alsace I couldn’t believe my eyes – the scenery and towns were [...]
Some of my favorite places and attractions I remember from my travels are not the most famous ones that are high on every “must-visit” list online, but the small and quirky places that most guides don’t even bother to mention. While many travelers only pay attention to the most famous attractions, there are many quirky [...]
It’s no secret that the UK has some of the most beautiful landscape, and together with its long history and charming culture it’s an amazing country to explore. The best way to make the most of your time is to explore the country by car, as you simply can’t reach and experience many of the [...]
This year we have been traveling around Europe very slowly and even more randomly – we stay in a country for a month or more, and make up our next step on a whim, often just days before our rent runs out and we need to pack up and leave. The first week in a [...]
So far, Lyon is my favorite city in France. It has all the benefits of a cosmopolitan city but it feels more like a small town and has a great laid-back atmosphere. Although there aren’t many attractions per se, it’s a wonderful city to just wander around in soaking up the atmosphere and all the [...]
The most common mistakes people make when choosing travel insurance is not to read through the terms and conditions and find out exactly what it covers – I’ve seen sport insurances that only cover the equipment when it’s not being used, which makes the insurance basically useless. Some travel insurance companies are very elusive in [...]
During our stay in Monaco we checked into the Columbus Monte-Carlo Hotel, a charming hotel located by the Fontvieille harbor – one of the newest quarters in Monaco, constructed almost entirely on artificially reclaimed land. Only a five minute walk from the busy city center, there is a calm and relaxed atmosphere in Fontvieille, something which [...]
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations December 5, 2013
- Mad About Morocco December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season December 2, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying November 30, 2013
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey November 29, 2013
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth November 28, 2013
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler? November 25, 2013
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Lifestyle, Sand, Surf and Rainforests October 30, 2013
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World November 26, 2013
- Airport Security – Quick Tips to Help You Zoom Through October 14, 2013
- Embracing a New Culture – 5 Essential Tips November 2, 2013
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel November 12, 2013
- Winter Haven Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida amusement park located in Win...
- Carmen: Would love to ski Whistler!...
- Hogga: yes whistler!...
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Udaipur Tour: Nice Post. Delhi has a lot to offer. This is just ...
- Bhikharee: If I got a chance then I would like to go with Zer...
- Bhikharee: When in hurry or long distance then I would like t...
More good stuff to read…
- A Guide to 4 of London’s Most Haunted Destinations
- Mad About Morocco
- Top 5 Skiing Destinations for the Winter 2014 Season
- The Pros and Cons of Driving Versus Flying
- Top Cultural Attractions in Turkey
- Chocolate & Churros – Top 4 Places to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth
- Marine activities in Mauritius
- Travel Inspiration – The New 7 Wonders of the World
- Are You a Tourist or Are You a Traveler?
- Hostel Etiquette – Tips for Travel Newbies
- Amazing Photo Locations That Will Inspire You to Travel
- Island Life – 5 Spots You Probably Never Heard About
- Fun Things to Do When Stuck At Heathrow Airport
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Adventure Ideas You Might Like To Try
- 5 Fun Places to Spend New Year’s Eve Abroad
- 5 Ways Traveling In East Africa Will Change Your Perspective (If You Let It)
- Top Countries to Visit in 2014 – Mexico
- Escape Winter – Top Beaches in Central America
- Quebec, Canada – A Mini Guide
- 5 Movies That Will Inspire You to Travel