Cairns is one of Australia’s biggest adventure sports capitals, and there is a long list of things to do to get your adrenaline pumping and tick off more than just a few bucket list experiences. Here are 5 reasons why you should visit Cairns next time you’re in Australia… Ballooning If you’ve attempted Ballooning before [...]
Author Archive | Sofia
Nothing looks more peaceful and freeing than a sailboat slowly fading into the horizon as the sun sets over calm blue waters. Whenever I visit my parents in Sweden I love to go down to the harbor in the afternoon and sit down on the rocks watching sailboats leave, wondering what big adventure they might [...]
Before we traveled to Turin we knew very little about the city other than that it was known for its car production. Little did we know that Turin is also a foodie’s heaven, something that we discovered during our time there. Not many people seem to know about this great gastronomical treasure of northern Italy [...]
Thelma and Louise is one of my all-time favorite road trip movies, and every time I watch a clip from the movie I want to take to the road on a new adventure. There is something about the freedom of being able to turn off on a new unknown road or stop over for a [...]
The summer is coming up so you may well be searching for your holiday accommodation, but where do you begin to look? Well, you may be one of those people who couldn’t imagine a holiday stay in anything other than a hotel … if you are, think again. For the past 6 months traveling through [...]
India is a country full of life, delicious food and colorful places – some, however, are more colorful than others… The Rajasthan state of India is especially colorful, with several cities nicknamed for its bright painted buildings, as well as others known for its delicious sweets and romantic atmosphere… Jodhpur – The Blue City Looking [...]
Some say that Turin is Italy’s most overlooked city, and until the Winter Olympics in 2006 few people thought of it as anything else than an industrial car city – they couldn’t be more wrong! Although Turin justifiably is known for its cars, there is so much more to the city than Fiat or Ferrari. [...]
Lanzarote is a beautiful volcanic island off the coast of western Africa, belonging to Spain – it’s known as the island of eternal spring thanks to its year-round mild climates, which is also one of the reasons people love to go there. But there is much more to Lanzarote than great weather. Here are some [...]
I LOVE traditional festivals – they are some of the best and most fun ways to experience a new country and get an insight into its culture and traditions – in India, countless festivals are held throughout the year, and during these events the country becomes even brighter and more vibrant than ever. Here are [...]
Cinque Terre is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque areas in Italy, and it’s impossible not to be charmed by the colorful quaint villages clinging on to the rugged cliffs along the coast and its warm hospitable locals. Walking around the villages you can easily picture what it must have been like a hundred years [...]
- Cultural Things to Do in Central Vietnam May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Visit Cairns, Australia May 24, 2013
- 5 Reasons to Holiday In Dartmouth, UK May 23, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Isabella: Definitely on my to-visit-list when I go to Prague...
- Adam - Tropical Nomad: Hi Sofia, I spent Christmas 2012 in...
- Sofia: Thanks for sharing your road trip music Stef, some...
- Sofia: That sounds like a trip of a lifetime, did you hav...
- Sofia: Southern France, lovely! A friend of mine took a r...
- Sofia: Great to hear Andrea, I hope you like it!...