St Lucia is a beautiful Caribbean island that is famous for its romantic atmosphere and is very popular with honeymooners. It has an air of exclusivity and seems to remain undiscovered and unspoilt. If you want a bit of excitement thrown in along with a bit of lying around the pool, then check out the [...]
About As We Travel
Author Archive | As We Travel
Guest post by Sharon Walters: Montreal is one of the most picturesque cities in Canada and it dazzles with its European-style architecture and hundreds of years of history. Summer is a great time to visit, as the city will be bustling with festivals, events and great food. The temperature will be warm and the sun [...]
There are many unusual holiday destinations that once were the privilege of pioneers, and those brave or crazy enough to venture onto the rugged shores. Nowadays the sky is the limit – well, either that or your budget..! But let’s forget about the budgeting and dream for a bit, after all the stuff that doesn’t [...]
Florence is more than just a beautiful Italian city; over the years it has been the birthplace of many very important people in history, from Donatello to Catherine de Medici. Although there are probably as many notable people who have hailed from this city as there are places to stay in Florence, let’s take a [...]
Guest Post by Oliver Kyle: It’s normally around this time of the year that Brits begin to consider a location for the year’s summer holiday. A trip abroad to enjoy some sun, sea, sand and relaxation is a popular choice for many, but deciding on where to go can be a more difficult decision. Islands [...]
Traveling can be an expensive hobby, not only because of the accommodation or flight ticket, but all those small extra costs such as admission fees and tickets to attractions that you never planned before your trip really add up over time. A great way to explore a city and make the most of your time [...]
The Kenyan coast has been influenced by a large number of different cultures throughout history, mainly due to the fact that Mombasa has been a bustling port since the 12th century. For 800 years Arabs, Swahilis, Portuguese, Omanis and British have all been passing through leaving pieces of their traditions and cultures behind. This unique [...]
If you’re going on holiday this summer, you should do so in style – here’s a round-up of the top four holiday destinations if you’re craving luxury and exclusivity. The Maldives With over a thousand islands dotting the Indian Ocean, there’s no shortage to choose from. Perhaps because of their exclusivity, the Maldives are a [...]
Guest Post by Caroline Ferrel: When it comes to US destinations that are rich in culture, I think it’s pretty hard to beat Boston – the city has so many cultural things to offer, from historic buildings and the fascinating Freedom Trail to iconic breweries and great galleries. This year, the city will be further [...]
Guest Post – Costa Rica is renowned for its incredible beaches, lush rainforests and spectacular wildlife, but there’s also a more menacing side to this place of paradise, for the country lies above where two tectonic plates – the Cocos and Caribbean – collide. This underground activity, as well as creating the potential for a [...]
- 5 Beautiful Sailing Destinations Around The World May 22, 2013
- 5 Popular Things To Do In St Lucia May 21, 2013
- 4 Great Reasons to Visit Montreal This Summer May 20, 2013
- Turin – Italy’s Forgotten Food Capital May 19, 2013
- Packing Essentials For Your Summer Road Trip May 16, 2013
- 5 Reasons To Choose An Apartment Over A Hotel May 15, 2013
- 2 Years of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We've Learnt. February 1, 2012
- Losing 4k In 4 Seconds – How We Got Mugged In Malaysia! July 13, 2012
- 1 Year Of Travel Blogging – 5 Things We’ve Learnt. February 1, 2011
- 25 Most Inspiring Personal Travel Blogs In 2010 October 31, 2010
- The 2011 Europe Train Challenge [NEWS] April 4, 2011
- 5 Things I've Learnt About Thai People While In Thailand January 16, 2011
- Hogga: I mean, I wouldn't say no to any o these places.....
- Adventurous Andrea: This all looks absolutely heavenly! I so look forw...
- Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista: Sounds and looks like a wonderful place to vacatio...
- Scott: Yeah, Turin gets forgotten simply due to it's loc...
- Becky Padmore: I would love to go! It looks beautiful!...
- Adam: Hey, I had never heard of share my playlis...